Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Where to buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartyCrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 19:14    Post subject: Where to buy Reply with quote

Wanting to purchase a L300 here in the UK. In the other newbie prospective owner thread someone mentioned purchasing from a reputable place. What's considered reputable? also generally speaking, are they reliable enough as a daily driver?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 19:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty, not sure where would be best to buy an L300 Delica, they are getting rare and old, although there have been a couple of very nice looking ones on Delica Mart FB recently. I always think that a well serviced and maintained vehicle is more likely to stay reliable if it is used regularly, it keeps the fluids circulating, and stops things like brakes siezing or sticking. The only trouble being that if something does go, you may not be able to source a replacement quickly; I am currently trying to find a replacement exhaust downpipe for my L300. Milner's are currently out of stock, and I have it on back order. Fortunately, mine is a toy, and still useable, although the existing pipe would fail an MoT.
MartyCrow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's a worry of mine because I would want it to be my sole car... Just come off a classic mini so I'm no stranger to unreliability but it can get frustrating. I'll check out Delica mart on FB. Would it be worth jumping to an L400 just for reliability sake? or are they much the same?
ClockworkOwl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty
 I think if you're prepared to bite the bullet and replace anything that could cause trouble, and buy good quality bits (thinking glow plugs etc),
these are very reliable motors.
    The biggest issue with L300's are the 4d56t engine head cracking.
  I should know I've done mine twice, but the first was an old head and crummy gasket kit...
  Mine has NEVER in 12 years failed to run with diesel at the pump and a good battery, even when the head crack meant I could only run it for 20 mins before it pushed most of the water out.  Shocked
  In 2016 it had been stood for 4 years in a garage, cleaned up the brakes and she passed an MOT without a murmer...

I used mine as a daily runner for several years before the first head became an issue.

As for L400s, I don't really know a lot, but it would probably be easier to get parts for now.
 Mitsubisi seem quite happy to take you money, and can still get most stuff.

I'm quite sure the new head on mine will outlast the rest of the van now  Rolling Eyes
fintious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayup Marty, I'm only a few miles from you (near Old Whittington) and have recently bought an L400 Deli.  Parts seem readily available from Mitzi Bitz in Park Gate Rotherham and Milners in Darley Dale.  I've just got cam belt/water pump/plugs and leads plus filters off the shelf at Mitzi Bitz.  Let us know if you get one and can arrange a meet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: