Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Has anyone tried the Koni Heavy Track shocks for L400?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronaye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 22:19    Post subject: Has anyone tried the Koni Heavy Track shocks for L400? Reply with quote

Ronaye here from Vancouver Canada Smile

I just had a 2" lift kit installed on my 97 LWB TD Super Exceed (PF8W). In the rear I've got heavy duty springs and bilstein 5125 series shocks, which are awesome. For now I've got the Pro Comp ES9000 (part #91551X) which desperately need to be replaced as they're way too soft and compromising the ride.

Since I'm having a heck of a time finding a bilstein partner for the front here in canada, I've come across ride adjustable Koni Heavy Track (30-1365), a sport shock, which sparepartstore24.co.uk says will fit my vehicle. They are not available in Canada or the US so I have to import from the UK. Before I do that I would love to find out if anyone else has tried these before?? If you have, would you have a part number I can go by so I can check the specs and make sure it's compatible? And has anyone had any experience with sparepartstore24.co.uk?

Many thanks!
Ronaye
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 22:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your shocker fitting type Pin or eye ?

NB: front normally pin, but rear will be eye unless you had the OEM ECS system fitted.

Take a look at the Paddock Spares website. Although Land Rover based they have the Koni shocks and are considerably cheaper than the sparepartsstore24.

See:- https://www.paddockspares.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Koni+Heavy+Track

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
mark3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use some adjustable heavy duty Koni shocks on my Range rover and they was brilliant Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis! Thank you for your reply and the resource Smile

The front has a pin on top and eye on the bottom. The specs from the pro comp for the 2" lift are: extended 15.69", compression  10.02, and travel 5.67" and a 2" diameter body.

I'm pretty new at this and trying to wrap my head around all this, so not quite sure how to match up that info with a koni as they're built differently I'm thinking 🤔 like stiffness and all that.

Would paddock spares be able to look up the correct shock through my vin number? I believe that's how spare part store did it. I've asked spare part store for a part number of the shocks I need.
ronaye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark3 ... good to know! Smile
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

With you having lifted the Deli I think (NB: Think, not certain  Wink ) that the 30-1365 may be too short, so consider the longer 30-1595.

See:- https://www.paddockspares.com/30-1597-front-shock-absorber-koni-heavy-track.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8fHt4cb65AIVTbTtCh0sWwcREAQYBiABEgJvEPD_BwE

What about your rear shockers, are they pin and eye or double eye's?

Paddock Spares are fairly good and would be better placed for you contact for sizes.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
ronaye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lewis, I really appreciate you helping me out here Smile

What would be the best way for me to figure out the correct specs for the set up I need? I can measure out the pro comp I have like pin length, pin diameter, overall length, inside diameter of the eye, outside diameter of the eye, etc. but is any of that information helpful? I don't really understand all the numbers associated with these shocks and how you would find a match, at least at the moment. If you know of some video that explains, I'd be happy to learn! Smile I'll have to check on the rear shockers tomorrow and see what part number is on them and see what kind of connections there are on them. I've got an email started to paddock spares though as I'm learning the email is changing ;) All good!
ronaye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw Lewis, what kind of things are you looking for when you're matching up shocker specs to see if one will work or not?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too technical for me to go into that, so I will answer it the easy way.  Very Happy

See this website for info measuring things to work out what you need:- https://www.superiorengineering.com.au/image/webimages/shock-measurement-guide-how-to-measure-a-shock-absorber.pdf

See this Post for info on the OEM system shockers, which may be of use:-  ECS & L400 Front shocker replacement

HTH

ルイス
ronaye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for that reference! It's exactly what I needed! Smile I can finally wrap my head around the numbers ;) Thank you!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're Welcome.  salute

Please post some photos up when you have them fitted.

ルイス
ronaye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bet, I will Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: