Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

changing the front discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colmenarjim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 13:52    Post subject: changing the front discs Reply with quote

started to strip down to change the front discs on the 1994 Space Gear, not as simple as I thought, bit of a luddite on computers has anyone done a breakdown on here to reference, assume it's in through the hub? & the two Phillips screws?

Cheers in advance. Jim
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 13:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easy.

remove brake caliper first.

The two Philips screws, undo them, unscrew the ring, remove the circlip and washer.

The hub should pull off - WARNING Take note of the bronze washer behind the hub, it ONLY fits one way.

Once off, place the hub, face down so that you can see the six bolts that fasten Disc to Hub,
With a hammer of about 1 1/2 to 2 lb weight, a steel drift at least 3/4 inch diameter strike the tops of the bolts.
this will relieve rust "stiction"

You may an assistant to hold the hub to undo the bolts, they WILL be HARD to undo.

Once the bolts are off, the disc will need to be "tapped" off, gently tapping around the disc.

I can do that job easily, and I'm a lightweight 78 years young.

Also I can shot blast, and skim the discs, then paint them - they then look better than new  Smile

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not easier to crack the disc bolts with the hub and caliper still in place and an assistant's foot on the brake? Then remove hub as described?
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Is it not easier to crack the disc bolts with the hub and caliper still in place and an assistant's foot on the brake? Then remove hub as described?

Very difficult/impossible to "Crack" the bolts, when attached to the vehicle + Anti Splash Plate is in the way.

Done the job a few times on my L400. Also done that job on my Taxi - Exactly the same procedure.

Mr D
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

To note -

Taxis do not have Anti Splash Plates.

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, Deker. Now I read it again, you do say "Place hub face down..." My bad, interfering again! L300 has bolts on outer face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: