Adrian Flux - 01553 845 945

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Sporadic Over Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexcoist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15    Post subject: Sporadic Over Drive Reply with quote

My overdrive seems to just do as it pleases. It can sometimes not work for days, and sometimes top gear is the only gear. I have disconnected the switch so it is set on by default to eliminate that possibility.

Anything I should be looking at first before I start pulling it all to pieces again?

Many thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of info on this DIY Repair post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16646

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check g/box oil first, must be clean red colour, after that -
I would go for the speedo sensor on the gearbox. Common failure part.
Cheap (off the bay) easy to replace.

Mr D

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
alexcoist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the late reply, I have been in Galloway forest and mobile isn't ideal.

Thanks for the replies, but there has now been a further development with the issue...

After posting my original post, OD stopped working altogether. While driving home today, I gave the 3 OD button wires that head under the dash, a wee tug. Not only does overdrive now work, it is PERMANENT. †This is fine by me but it feels like it won't use 1st or 2nd gear and slips at lower speeds, especially when starting from stop. Im guessing this isn't usual behaviour from OD being switched on?

I was unable to switch back to OFF as there is currently no switch installed, however, touching the appropriate wires together did not give the OD OFF light.

I'm confused but I suspect I may need to start tracing the wires under the dash...?
alexcoist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swapped out ELC4 fuse and fitted a rocker switch, OD light now comes on again. Unable to drive tonight but will report back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: