4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

sills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illapulito

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48    Post subject: sills Reply with quote

I have has my LWB serviced, all well except the dreaded rust in the sills. inner and outer

my local mechanic doesn't do this welding.

he asked whether there ere re placement sills available to buy ?

I know second hand parts are available from breakers and service parts (brakes filters etc) are available - but no idea about sills

anyone got experience of this (I assume so !)

and got any advice / suggestions

MOT until may so no urgency

rather I want to get it done properly and cost effectively
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your local Mitsu dealer should be able to get them in, though it may take a few weeks.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the sills be the same on Steve's LWB, Lewis?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

NB: the panels in the diagram above are SWB, the numbers are ref No's not the specific models actual Part numbers.

All side panels are complete, with sills. Buying the complete side panels would be exorbitant.

On the sliding door side the separate sill between front and rear side panels (63649) is the same, on both LWB and SWB.

On the passenger side the extra length of the LWB is from behind the doorframe, to the wheel arch; then again between the back end of the wheel arch and the rear panel. Obviously on the drivers side it is in the complete side panel.

If you are cutting the sills off a LWB breaker, then length is irrellevant as you can cut centre parts out, to match required length then weld the ends together, as required. The kicker is of course the passenger side.

A decent coachworks should have the right kit to bend and form short sections for joining cut panels together adequately.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: