Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Accident repair, where to get parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b3lha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 20:05    Post subject: Accident repair, where to get parts Reply with quote

Had an accident the other day. An oncoming car tried to turn right in front of me on a wet road. Shocked

Will need at least a bumper, front grille, fog lights, headlights, indicators, sidelights, wide wheel arch trim. Sad

Nothing vital damaged, still drives okay but can't use it without working headlights.

I am anticipating that the insurance company's approved repairer will have trouble finding the parts, so I want to have an answer ready.

Is there any company in the UK that can source these parts? Does anybody know whether Mitsu UK can order the parts from Japan?

It a 2003 chamonix 7 seater with double fog lights in the bumper. I can't even find a listing for that bumper on the russian parts site.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipO2nCNLrzx0PQEiK1jGS9x3eXARyUfAms7xnv3X

(None image link converted to url link. Admin)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 20:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

b3lha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gYE8D67ov4qdRf8d9

(None image link converted to url link. Admin)
Pierre
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame  Sad

I have some double fog lights somewhere in my garage if it helps.

Delica Super Exceed LWB PF8W
Suzuki Grand Vitara V6
Sunbeam Tiger 289
Benelli 750 SEI
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitsu can order in the OEM parts, but not the wide wheel trim.

You can also try other breakers mentioned in the Garage /servicing forum, such as MitzyBits, in Rotherham, for 2nd hand parts.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
b3lha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The insurance company strung me along for six weeks telling me that they had authorised the repairs and were going to fix it. But then they decided it was too difficult and time consuming to get the parts. So they've declared it a category N total loss.

So now I've got the car back (with all the fuel missing Shocked ), still damaged, and some money to fix it myself. Now have to make the effort to find the parts and get it fixed before it turns into a garden shed.

Anyway, when this happened about two months ago, there was a breaker on ebay with a white car that had the same front end as mine, with the double fog lights in the lower bumper. I've looked and looked but I can't find it now. Does anybody know where that breaker is and whether they still have that car?

I've been looking at the online parts catalog. There are about five different front bumpers shown, but not the one I have. I guess mitsubishi would probably be able to find the part from the chassis number. Or maybe when I pull it apart there will be a part numbers on it somewhere.
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a total loss will it ever get back on the road?

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy it back off the insurance company and fix it yourself. Hopefully they will pay you out a reasonable amount.
jaspa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzr6mille wrote:
If its a total loss will it ever get back on the road?

Cat N is non-structural damage (essentially an old Cat D), You have to inform the DVLA that it's been written off but you don't have to re-register with them when you want to put it back on the road. Just MOT, Tax and Insure. in reality, you don't even need to repair the damage as long as there are no sharp edges and the main lights work (front fogs don't count) as this would fail MOT.

Stuart
jkeo44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 21:55    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

I got a 1999 with the same front bumper as yours six months ago, it was missing the two lights each side of the bumper, mitsubishi were not able to get them, all the breakers that I phoned or visited not able to help. I asked my son in Oz to see if any lights were available there he managed to get me a full bumper including the lights for £75, postage will be expensive though
b3lha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

I am working hard to get the Delica back on the road as soon as possible. The damage really isn't that bad. It's the bumper, the grille and the headlight and sidelight. Plus the big solid metal bar behind the bumper needs pulling out a cm or so.

I've already managed to get a headlight and sidelight shipped over from a breaker in Japan Very Happy

The bumper and grill might be usable on a temporary basis until I can find replacements.

I'll try looking for breakers in OZ too.
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Facebook Delica mart? Or MDOCUK Facebook forum? There are lots of L400s, admittedly mostly S1, being broken at present. Did you try Mitzibits in Rotherham?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should only be parts or Deli's for sale on Delica Mart.

If they appear on the Main Facebook forum they will be deleted as soon as an Admin see's them and your access will be blocked, as per what it says on the forum:-

"Description

Welcome to the Official Facebook Group for the original Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK, MDOCUK (est July 2003) - http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk

If you're buying or selling a Mitsubishi Delica, or any parts, please take a look at our sister group here: Delica Mart - http://www.facebook.com/groups/delicamart

If you post stuff for sale, post a wanted ad, swap ad, giveaway or valuation request in THIS group, your post will be removed and your account will be removed and blocked from this and any associated group(s).
"

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: