2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Glow Plug Relay repeatedly clicking - No power to Glow Plugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerstallone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:07    Post subject: Glow Plug Relay repeatedly clicking - No power to Glow Plugs Reply with quote

Dear All,

I have a 1994 Delica 2.8D... I am not getting power to my glow plugs and my start is laboured causing me to use easy start if its a bit chilly. I noticed a repeated clicking from the glow plug relay whilst driving. It sporadically switches on and off. I have changed both the relay and the relay management unit but the problem remains.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and have a solution?

Also an electrical short started to occur, a mad electrical buzzing sound coming from a black relay under the steering column, which I removed and smelt like burning... don't know if this is related and symptomatic of an overall electrical issue with the car...

Any help greatfully recieved!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here in this section = Simple and Basic Test Lamps & Non blowing Fuse.

Use a high power test lamp (headlamp bulb) connected to the "Bus bar" to see if power is going there, if so, then the Glow Plugs need replacing.

If no power there, then check all 3 of the terminals on the Glow relay, for testing the small blade connector, and output lead
you will need an assistant to switch on and off the ignition.

One lead (held on with a nut) on the relay will always be "live" the other two, only when the relay is energised.

HTH

Mr D

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker - tell me if I am talking/thinking out of the wrong orifice! Does the temp. sensor on the head send a signal to the glow plug ecu? And if the sensor had a poor connection, would it cause the relays to click on again?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does, see the Glow System Diagram on this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37255

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: