Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

technical wish list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illapulito

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 0:02    Post subject: technical wish list Reply with quote

i am looking for suggestions and advice, necessarily subjective, as to what members would consider their prioritised wish list to improve / upgrade a Delica (in my case for extended trips including dirt tracks, but not overtly off-road)

to answer my own question

let me say that for me i prefer

the series 1

the LWB, more space but more overhang, so nothing is perfect

i prefer the Royal Exceed eg heated seats - but specced with ABS and airbag

7 seats, high roof, double winter batteries

not fussed about curtains but want tinted windows and foil cover for inside the windscreen

mk1 Honda CRV drop down table, between front seats

(for info: i have added lots to my original car - headlamp protectors, stainless exhaust, bash plate, roof ladder, roof rack, towing kit, stronger springs plus hlper springs, rancho shocks, metal intercooler pipe, aluminium header tank, LED interior lighting, BFG a/t tyres, gps and dash-cam) (note, not yet a snorkel, swing-away rear wheel carrier)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 0:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jaspa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extended fuel tank, or secondary tank. carry more fuel means less panicking between fill-ups.

I went for curtains rather than foil covers primarily because when not fitted you need somewhere to store them whereas the curtains can be folded out of the way.

HTH a little.

Stuart
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The foil covers provide quite a bit of insulation when in cold climates.

Thanks to mine I have been quite comfortable in sub-zero temperatures.  Smile

They are simple enough to make, from rolls of loft insulation.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
YOZA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools, take a good selection of tools, and then select an assortment of spare parts that are known to fail or wear out.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on at what extremes of temperature you may wish to camp out, a fitted 2kw fuel burning heater will keep you warm in sub-zero temps. Chinese ones are cheap, but read up on the dedicated FB forum for best/most reliable suppliers, or pay 3or 4 times the price for an Eberspacher original (the Chinese ones are genuine clones - parts are interchangeable but may not last as long, nor is there a service network.)
Also, for easily fitted storage, nets stretched between grab handles, or fit your own hangers. My bubble foil insulated blinds have shrunk slightly, so no longer stay in place in the window surrounds. I may have to fit suckers or make some more. But they do block out the light and allow me to sleep past dawn, OEM curtains and tints only provide privacy.
A good cool box is better for storing food than a fridge if off roading, a) you can get into it from any side, b) stuff doesn't spill out of it when you open the door, c) cold air doesn't fall out of it. Peltier thermo-electric not as effective as gas compressor types.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: