4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 eBay Fibreglass Wheel Arches

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smithibashi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 19:51    Post subject: L400 eBay Fibreglass Wheel Arches Reply with quote

I bought a set of these 'copies' via Ebay from Rabbitz2K around May for my partly restored LWB Super Exceed and was very disapointed. Tried a rear first against the bodywork and it was at least 2" short at the bottom from sill to back of arch. I did wonder if the LWB was different so tried against my SWB (now passed on to son Matt) and it appeared to have the same problem though the SWB has the rubber extensions  from Devon 4x4? fitted so it was a bit of a guess. Fronts are just as bad. I do intend to cut and fill these to fit and at the same time get rid of the ugly bottom bits as I don't like how these stick out.

Does anyone know if the originals were more flexible and shape to arch when fitted, where the copies might be acurate to the unmounted originals but inflexable.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 19:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine ages ago , sold as factory fit , they went on okay ...i recently saw a set that looked like mine at first glance but on closer inspection were different to mine ...maybe there is two types out there ?  

Btw Yoza i like those extra flares you put on , where did you get them from ?

YOZA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

boxerbloke wrote:
Btw Yoza i like those extra flares you put on , where did you get them from

Simply cut/shape and self tapper screw into underside of arch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLID-RUBBER-STRIP-5MM-X-5M-LONG-X-100-MM-WIDE/251498253384?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Yoza   Cool
Smithibashi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Boxerbloke for posting photos which I've compared to my set. They are definitely different. The most obvious difference is that yours have a pronounced dip at the rear of the front arch to clear the door when opened. Your fronts might be a touch wider making this feature more necessary. There also appears to be a more pronouned vertical/square edge to each arch whereas mine are less defined and flow more smoothly in to the general flare. On yours the rear nearside arch above the hinge clearance section also has a more defined change into the general flare of the rest of the arch. Mine appear to be from the same pattern as Yodas'.
Boxerbloke - Can you recall who supplied you as it may help others on future purchases?
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually Can't remember as was a long time ago , could have easily been ebay ? ...mine were sold as factory and were not painted ...  i too thought they were the same as the ones advertised on ebay now but it looks like they aren't ....maybe i should get mine copied ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Newbies questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: