4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Delica L400 95 AT auto mode faulty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eijaz2006

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 18:42    Post subject: Delica L400 95 AT auto mode faulty Reply with quote

Hi my Delica L400 1995. Had been consuming lots of fuel, eg 100km half a tank diesel.

After reading the forums someone mentioned the AT modes, power and hold. So I tried that, it appears on Hold mode the revs are normal. But the auto on it is high revs, not sure what the problem could be.

My driving style I was getting approx 25mpg local driving on the Auto mode.

What could be wrong with the AT mode. I am using hold mode now since finding out.

Can any one help how to fix the auto mode..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 18:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

YOZA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that hold simply holds the gear you are in.

Eg. The HOLD light will show on the dash when button is pressed.  

The transmission will operate in ECONOMY mode through the full range of selected gears, not changing any higher than the selected gear, for example if you have selected L, the transmission will not change up to 2nd or above.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use of the A/T switch is as explained on this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=125256

A/T switch

Normal Mode: - Central position, no warning light showing on dash - Used for a normal, economical, quiet and smooth drive.

Power Mode: - PWR showing on dash (usually off) - Used for faster acceleration, by forcing the engine into a higher RPM mode before gears are changed up.

Hold Mode: - Hold showing on dash (usually off) - For use when moving off, from stationary, on snow or slippery road surfaces. When the gear selector is placed in 'D' position, the vehicle is forced to take off in 2nd gear rather than 1st, to make starting easier, then go into normal mode.  This saves having to have the gear selector in 2 then move into D after you get going.  It also restrict the maximum revs of the engine to 3000rpm (approx).  Note:  The Delica Manual states:- "low revs, when under high load will generate more heat in the gearbox.  You can flip the A/T switch to any mode whilst driving without taking the vehicle out of gear.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 21:02    Post subject: Re: Delica L400 95 AT auto mode faulty Reply with quote

Eijaz2006 wrote:
1) Hi my Delica L400 1995. Had been consuming lots of fuel, eg 100km half a tank diesel.

2) My driving style I was getting approx 25mpg local driving on the Auto mode.

3) Can any one help how to fix the auto mode..

1) How far with a full tank of fuel  Question  Need to check for faulty fuel guage.

2) Have you checked by filling the tank  Question  running to low tank, then filling - see how much fuel used.

3) Is your speedometer working properly  Question

If not going into top gear, possible that the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) may be faulty.

The gear box oil must be a clean red colour. Dark red not good, and if brown, it MUST be changed.

Mr D
Eijaz2006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply, I have eliminated the fuel filling and speedometer.

I am going to check the oil on gearbox and the TPS.

Thanks for the suggestions

By the way, the auto position started to work again following when I used the hold mode for a while say about 70km.. I tried the auto mode and it was working.. I am wondering if it was the switch was sticky or faulty.

1) How far with a full tank of fuel  Question  Need to check for faulty fuel guage.

2) Have you checked by filling the tank  Question  running to low tank, then filling - see how much fuel used.

3) Is your speedometer working properly  Question

If not going into top gear, possible that the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) may be faulty.

The gear box oil must be a clean red colour. Dark red not good, and if brown, it MUST be changed.

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: