Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Standard rims with 30/9.5 15 tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RipleyTheDelica

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:06    Post subject: Standard rims with 30/9.5 15 tyres Reply with quote

Hi,
I have just had some 30/9.5 15 tyres put on my standard Delica rims. The tyre shop didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with doing this, but I have read a few posts where it is mentioned that this is an illegal combination and my insurance would be void.

I have read on here that Lewis has run this set up and was hoping either he, or others, could shed some light regarding the legality and whether I need to go back to the tyre shop and change them for a different size?

Many Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That size is not a problem!

Having just gone through three Mot's, with a set of Cooper STT's on - The latest being last Wednesday - and getting a Pass each time, I would have been advised by my very strict Mot Tester.  Smile

On which posts does it say that it is an illegal combination ?

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
RipleyTheDelica

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis, really appreciate your response, I think i read that it was something to do with the standard Delica rims being 6 inches and the 30/9.5 15 Tyres should be on a rim with a minimum 6.5 inches, I’ll see if I can find the post I saw. Having said that, it looks like you are right as I contacted Adrian Flux this morning and they didn’t seem to have an issue with it!
RipleyTheDelica

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis, I haven’t been a member long enough to post links, but the thread is called ‘L400 Rims and Tyre 30/9.5xR15’ posted by ‘wernerber’ and the comment is the last one on the page.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only can I not find the post; I can't even find that username in the members list ?  Confused

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 22:06    Post subject: User 'wernerber' Reply with quote

okay the post is on the '.com' Delica site lol

http://www.~.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33505&p=327361#p327361

Hope this helps :-)
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it certainly helps when the right website is given. I don't go on that Deliclub website. I've enough on with MDOCUK.   Wink

HOWEVER:

That's Australia - This is the UK.  Rolling Eyes

Different countries have different laws.

What happens down there doesn't affect us, unless it comes in a bottle or a can.  Very Happy

ルイス
RipleyTheDelica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's quite embarrassing! I didn't realise it was an Australian site! Thanks for your help though and at least I can sleep easy knowing I'm not driving around with no insurance!
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fit 31x10.50x15 tyres which could cause that problem  Wink

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
beater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Very Happy
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it always best to document everything and email to the insurance company so they have it on file and you have evidence you told them.
Brokers can be a little slack in saying it doesn't count as a modification while the actual underwriters may have a different opinion come the day.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

My L300 has 15" x 7J (7") wheels, with 265/70/15 tyres (10.5" wide) My very strict MoT tester has never commented on them. Original L300 wheels are 6J; are L400 not wider?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how a 2+ year old post starts up again after somebody says Cheers!  Laughing

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: