Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Peak District Meet Suggestion 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun!  Very Happy

I will be thinking of you whilst laying und a combine harvester, replacing the feed hoist driveshaft, which got bent just as we finished the last field last year.   Crying or Very sad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 20:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will not be fun, with the cold East wind blowing  Mad

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as far east as Borehamwood. We have hills sheltering us from the easterly winds. At least, it's been lovely here in Cumbria for the last 3 days, once the sun has got up. Bring your big coat, and turn the heater up!
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis - that's a bad excuse - it's a long time until harvest! Shocked
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equipment has to be serviced and ready to go when the time comes to cut the crop, not when it is time to harvest.

Driving several miles, in convoy with two or more other tractors and trailers, to fields towing a cutting bed behind a Harvester takes time, as does removing it from the trailer and connecting it up. Finding you cannot empty the first hopper full of corn into one of the accompanying tractors trailers is not only annoying, but also very expensive as the field may then not be cut in time, due to being contracted to cut the fields of several farmers, several miles apart. Plus you cannot get the shaft, which has an archimedes screw attached to the full length of it, out of the bottom of a hopper full of a ton of corn, umtil you've emptied it by hand.

Bear in mind that after a field is harvested a sequence of events is also set in motion, the Hey has to be baled and transported back to the farm, for use or onward sale. Then the field has to be ploughed. Following that you tillage it, etc, etc; all before it rains (hopefully).

It takes quite a while to get a feed drive shaft out and to attempt to straighten them ( NB: unlike a driving wheel drive shaft they are a bit more pliable, with the services of an oxy-acetylene torch ). Though if it cannot be straightened them there are two places in the UK - one down Coventry way and another up above Scotch Corner - where Harvester graveyards exist, for mooching about in to find a replacement. Which again is time and money. Espcially as whilst mooching you come across other desirous items.  Laughing

Having two combine harvesters to service, stored in farms several miles apart and away from the workshop, is twice as hard ......  Mad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know where you're going wrong - cutting hey(hay) with a combined harvester! For hay, you will need it earlier in the season! Laughing  And don't forget, procrastination is my middle name! See you at Coniston? Or are you looking for a more peaceful life ?! Take care, farmer across the road from me had his arm ripped off by the reel of a forage harvester - trying to clear some twine with the machine running.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking straws.  Rolling Eyes

I'm blaming Alzheimers; too many cuppa's brewed in an aluminium camp kettle...  Laughing

No. 1:

No. 2:

ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alzheimer's? That's Deker's excuse. Anyway, who are you? do I know you? What are you doing on my internet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: