4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 replacement engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illapulito

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 15:56    Post subject: L300 replacement engine Reply with quote

I have L400 so it is not my question

I've been asked whether it is better to find a replacement L300 2.5 engine or take the opportunity to put in something else - I have not a clue It depends on cost, availability, whatever presumably
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 15:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what went wrong with the previous 2.5 Steve? They tend to be pretty reliable, although lack of coolant in the water can give similar furring up/overheating problems to the 4m40. Even if the timing belt snaps, the valve gear is designed to be sacrificial to save the pistons. Putting anything much more powerful in a L300 is probably not a safe move, although I have considered fitting the uprated 4d56T used in much later L200s and Shoguns, but you'd need the ECUs and have to find a way of fitting an intercooler, as well as fitting the L300 ancilliaries and brackets to the block to suit the under-seat configuration. The old Audi 1.9 TDi 110 bhp engine was inline and very reliable, if it could be made to fit and mate up with the Delica's transmission it might be a good bet, but the same problems would likely apply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: