Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Oil Pressure Sensor Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stripyone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37    Post subject: Oil Pressure Sensor Advice Reply with quote

I am going to have to replace the oil pressure sensor/switch on my Delica as it is clearly leaking oil.  I did a search and had a read about how to remove, but was a bit unclear as to which bits not to turn as I undo the main nut of the sensor. I saw a comment that said '17mm spanner will loosen it BUT don't loose the copper washers either side of the banjo or it'll p1ss out oil big time lol'  does this mean the bit below the main nut of the sensor, making sure it doesn't move or turn as I remove it?  Does anyone have a picture of the bit I shouldn't or need to avoid moving as mine is covered in oil.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you have a 2.8 then this is where it is located:-

This is what it looks like from the side:-

This is the only bit you need to replace, leave the banjo bolt and washers in situ:-

A long reach socket is better for fitting over the top to undo it, whilst using a spanner to hold the nut below.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
stripyone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the 2.8 model sorry. Thanks for the pictures, I see now. Is there a reason why it leaks so much when it is faulty? Is it just the sheer pressure that isn't being regulated by it properly anymore so it squirts out? It seems to be that this is the issue of the oil leak seeing as though sensor is covered in oil completely and a bit of splatter around it.  Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand the engine I have to better fix it.
mark3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

They often leak  Sad  i buy five at a time to carry as stock as pretty much every fourth 2.8 i come across will either be leaking or the spade terminal has broken off.

Use a 17m spanner to stop the banjo bolt it screws into from also undoing when you remove it, it don't matter if it does undo and you may find it easier to remove the whole lot in one and fit the new switch to the bolt then refit it, if you do bare in mind that each side of the banjo fitting is a copper washer, don't lose them

AND when tightening the new switch into the bolt DON'T over tighten it, the thread on the switch is a tapered thread and over tightening WILL crack the bolt and pi55 oil all over the floor  Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark is quite right "Do NOT overtighten"

The thread is 1/8 th BSP.

If you wish, you may apply PTFE tape on the thread, if you do, ENSURE the tape does not cover the small hole,
or protrude beyond the thread.

The PTFE tape trick is something I learned from old (mostly) British cars, where novices had butchered the thread  Mad
Tho, I doubt this will be a problem for you.

Mr D
YOZA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are round yet will take a socket, and the ones that I have found to last longer are these with a hexagonal fit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: