4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

AndyJ and his springs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rate the seller
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YOZA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 18:19    Post subject: AndyJ and his springs. Reply with quote

Andy delivered x2 springs to my door.

I put them on today - a big difference to the ride, less rolling, no sag with passengers, stiffer but nice, not too hard and also a 2inch lift.

I decided to drop the trailing arms to fit them, no spring compressors required, just jacked the truck up via its rear chassis legs, disconnected the brackets holding the brake flexi and handbrake cable then placed a bottle jag on the rear of the arm for support.

Then I simply took out the 24mm pivot bolt and lowered the arm on the bottle jack until the spring was free.

Putting the new one in was the reverse of taking the old one out, use the bottle jack to bring the trailing arm to the position were you can slide the 24mm bolt back in.

Important to clean the top and bottom spring retaining cups to ensure the first and last coil seat correctly, also they are marked on the base of the spring - this must be matched to the bottom cup.

I should have done this job ages ago, having a saggy bottom is never ideal.

Thanks Andy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 18:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rate the seller All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: