Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

No Reversing lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kit352

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 17:29    Post subject: No Reversing lights Reply with quote

My new to me Delica doesn't have working reverse lights.  Both bulbs are good and i get the reversing beeps inside.  I havent attacked it with a voltmeter yet but im assuming i get no power to the bulbs.  Anyone have a good place to start once it stops raining?  A relay or switch someplace perhaps.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 17:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted below Dash on right hand side of steering wheel - 10Amp Backing lamp:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
kit352

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much thanks. †I didn't know the reverse lights had their own fuse on these rigs. †I assumed it was for the entire assembly. †Hopefully its just that simple.
Deker
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the Tailgate wire loom. In the rubber tube twixt body and tailgate.

Mr D

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
kit352

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the fuse is fine so thats not great.  I did check the voltage yet but its on my long list for this weekend.  Both bulbs are new so i know thats good.  I will look at the wiring between the liftgate and hatch.  Any other places to check?  Some connector along the way?
kit352

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i've managed to know of nearly every electrical issue off my list for the Delica except for this one. †I spent quite a bit of time getting everything else working this weekend and i didn't have enough time to really dig into this properly. †I spent most of my time on it tracing wires from the trailer hitch back with nothing to show. †Just followed the bundle along the floor then up behind the spare jack and lost it in the cavity. †I couldnt get the trim piece off that surrounds the rear window and i didn't want to break anything trying.
I did pull up one of the rubbers by the tailgate hinge on the drivers side and all seemed fine. †It was only when i was putting everything away that i saw the same rubber on the other side but it was too dark to continue. †Which side to the reverse wires run down. †My trailer wiring goes up the drivers side so it seems to me that the wires would run on that side as well.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no need to pull off the plastic window trims, they are only covers. †The wiring for the lights runs, between the inner and outer skins, from the back of the low side panels, to the top of the wall, where there is a hole with the connectors in for the tailgate.

The loom runs through the concertina hose on the drivers side, then inside the tailgate to the passenger side.
The passenger side concertina hose is for the rear screen wash water pipe

HTH.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Sun Mar 17, 2019 20:30; edited 1 time in total
kit352

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem did lay in the rubber piece between the tailgate and body. †It had one broken wire in the bundle and two other wires were about to join it. †Like everything else about this truck someone had been in there before me and made a mess of things. †My broken wire is tucked up into the body so while i can see the end piece i can't physically reach it to do anything about it. I am probably going to need to run a new wire. †

I have also found that the rear tailgate skin has mostly debonded from the internal structure. I found hardened black glue pieces all over the inside while i was working on the lights. †I cleaned them out and will need to find a material that can replace them so my gate stops rattling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: