Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400Manual transmission 4WD selector/transfer leversnapped!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chileangus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 17:11    Post subject: L400Manual transmission 4WD selector/transfer leversnapped! Reply with quote

Hi  

i have a 1997 L400 2.8 with manual transmission and the 4WD transfer lever has snapped in half in meaning I can't use 4WD  - Is this a common fault?  Any ideas where I can get another lever - anyone breaking a manual L400?

Thanks

Angus
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 17:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 20:38    Post subject: Re: L400Manual transmission 4WD selector/transfer leversnap Reply with quote

Apparently can be a known problem. I have read this part is made from Aluminium.
Any decent welding person should be able to mend it for you.

Mr D
chileangus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr D

thanks  - think that is what I will have to do - can't find anyone breaking a manual transmission so welding looks like the way ahead - not sure it is aluminium though - looked like steel

thanks again
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely steel.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lewis  Wink

Mr D
chileangus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis, Mr D - thanks for your help.  

I have accessed the top of the gearbox and have removed the 4WD selector lever - held on by 3 bolts.  This selector lever pulled straight out - because it is broken in two and the bottom bit is still inside.    - I now have to try and remove the broken part of the 4WD selector which I can see but can't get at.  It looks like it is possible to remove the top of the gearbox from inside the vehicle - but I don't have a manual and don't want to undo all the bolts only to find that I can't get it back together again.  - Is it possible/easy to remove the top of the gearbox - including the gear selector lever?

Thanks

Angus
chileangus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 18:44    Post subject: 4WD Shift Lever Help!! Reply with quote

Really struggling to find 4WD shift lever for a 1997 manual transmission L400 2.8 TDI  Can't find one at a breakers - Pajero not the same -  Does anyone out there know if the floor mounted 4WD select for the automatic transmission version is the same as the lever for the manual transmission??

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: