4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

oil overfill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NikTheGreek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 19:04    Post subject: oil overfill Reply with quote

Let's say that i've put half Litre more of engine oil  to the recent oil change (almost 7lit instead of 6,5 lit) ..  Embarassed
It's dangerous to my engine ?
I'm asking because I saw some oil in the turbo outlet that there was not there before .

English is not my native language, so please feel free to correct any wrong spelling or syntax errors in my posts.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 19:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is dangerous for 2 reasons, first it can blow your oil seals, 2nd - it can end up either blowing past your piston rings or through the breather into the intake, where it will feed the engine uncontrollably until it has used up the excess. Turning off the ignition closes the fuel shut off solenoid valve, which is what stops your engine normally, but in this case you can't shut it off. 85mph down the M6 in a hire van, with my foot on the brakes for a mile and a half was no fun! Just put a washing up bowl under the drain plug, with the engine COLD, and  partly remove it slowly, so you can screw it back in once you have let out the required amount. Have some rags handy, roll your sleeve up, and put some cardboard on the floor, - just in case!
NikTheGreek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch  Shocked
Thank you andy for your reply ..
I wouldn't expect that , less than 10% more oil , can create so  big problems ...

English is not my native language, so please feel free to correct any wrong spelling or syntax errors in my posts.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MAX line is there for a reason!
NikTheGreek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job done...
when car is cold it's easy enough even in a noob like me ...  Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: