Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Looking for a friendly breaker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fun Bus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 23:16    Post subject: Looking for a friendly breaker Reply with quote

Have been fiddling with the fun bus for a month now and getting ready to start some longer projects. Looking for a friendly breaker for some L400 series 2 parts.
First of these will be converting wiper arms to accept hook wipers. Need 2 front wipers to refurb. Only ones on eBay are both bobbins and a rediculous price.  

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 23:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CunningLinguist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found MJM in Hull very helpful previously.   http://www.mjm4x4breakers.co.uk/
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fils Pajeros in Southampton are good.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Fun Bus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those. I have sent off a request this morning to see if anything comes back.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitzy Bits, in Rotherham is a decent spot for stuff.

Whatever you do don't get stuff from a conman called Dean Rosenthal.

AKA:

Company names, (which may change at the drop of a hat):-

Simply Shogun - Simply Pajeros - Cars 2 GO LTD - Strictly Shoguns - Leigh 4x4 - Ultimate Imports - M6 Imports - Pennington Motors - Trust Cars North West

On E-Bay as:-

malarose2407 - roseuk4 - m6nwimports - onlyjapparts1 - JAP Parts Only One - partlyjap - japcarsf4 - ?

Quicklink to a court case media item:- https://www.wigantoday.net/news/dodgy-car-dealer-jailed-1-7683147 Complete with a photo so you can recognise him if he starts a different company up.

There is more info on him on these two posts:-

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42686  and http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42513

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Fun Bus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

O....... K. I’m staying away from Dean. Appreciate the warning!
YOZA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought two drive shafts off Dean about 3mnths ago, they were fine......I couldn't find his address though as I was using an older car with prehistoric sat nav, so my mrs picked them up on her way home from work. She said he was working from his home address which didn't register exactly on any sat nav, she said he was pleasant and wrapped them up so her car didn't get oily.

He charged me £40 for both and as i said they were fine and so were the 4 boots, I also got the brass thrust washers cable tied to the shaft.

I have delt with Dean about 5-6 times over 5 years or so when he had a yard by Haydock race course and he has always been good to me. Letting me take parts off several Delicas he was breaking, I've had a dashboard cluster, glovebox, seat belts front, lots of small trim pieces, window reguator, rocker cover, cup holder, twin battery connectors, heater control surround, drive shafts, electric wing mirror and more, each visit the parts were very cheap and he was helpful and chatty.

It's sad for me to read he was sent down, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.....Maybe he should just stick to breaking them rather than selling them as a whole. [or should i say a hole]
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he was intimidated by you Yoza,not realising you are a cuddly teddy bear. :D
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
YOZA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my wife intimidated him, she makes Mike Tyson look like a librarian.

Dean is a big man himself, over 6ft, and maybe 250/lbs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: