Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

3.0L V6

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 16:26    Post subject: 3.0L V6 Reply with quote

Well after two years in the wilderness I've bought another Deli, as the last couple I had have been the best van I've ever owned. I thought I would shake things up this time and be "on trend" and go petrol instead of dirty D. Anyway I have seen that the L400 V6 is all the same apart from the engine, which is a relief as i've taught myself  a few jobs on my previous vans.

I'm getting a fresh Jap import from Algys Autos 35k on the milage for 7500. Its pretty standard, with from the photos I've seen just an aftermarket sat-nav and a ladder. Anyway to the point, what will I need to check and get changed as regards to belts, filters. I know nothing about this petrol engine. Is there anything I should look out for ? I've made a quick search on this site and there is no service guide for the V6 that I can see. any pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 16:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

YOZA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to do is waxoil or similar treatment to the underside, they don't bother for the JDM cars as they don't use salt on the roads.

If you leave it untreated it will be rotten in two years of driving on our roads.
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rust proofing - pay particular attention to box sections around mounting points for front and rear suspension and chassis above rear bump stops. These reinforced double skin sections need soaking in waxoyl, otherwise they retain moisture between the laminations and rot more than single skin areas. If you have to drill holes to get in there, do it, protect and plug afterwards. If you know the engine designation code (eg 6G74 is the old 3.5L DOHC V6 engine used in Pajeros), you might find out what other, UK dealer Mitsi models it was used in.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:06    Post subject: Re: 3.0L V6 Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
..... there is no service guide for the V6 that I can see. any pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks

Workshop Manuals for mechanics and engine types are here:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38831  Wink

Bodywork, electrics and mechanicals is basically the same on all 4WD Delis. The V6 uses a 6G72 engine. Updated manuals ere there for later, revised, electrics.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys
Thanks so much for the info. I have seen quite a few with rust damage over the past few months while looking, so the drilling and plugging is sound advice. It will be the first job on my list.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 14:16    Post subject: Re: 3.0L V6 Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
gypsy wrote:
..... there is no service guide for the V6 that I can see. any pointers would be gratefully received. Thanks

Workshop Manuals for mechanics and engine types are here:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38831  Wink

Bodywork, electrics and mechanicals is basically the same on all 4WD Delis. The V6 uses a 6G72 engine. Updated manuals ere there for later, revised, electrics.

HTH

I've got a PD6W it says on the Jap auction paperwork !
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also keep you posted over how it goes with Algys Autos, You pay up front without seeing the vehicle. From what I can see so far I've probably saved a grand, 7500 instead of 8500 for a van with 35k milage. However there are similar vans for sale over here same mileage for the same price, now obviously buying like this you get no warranty, and really its buyer beware. Its been a very smooth process so far, and Algys have been great to deal with. I was offering 6500 for on the road over here at first as that was more the 20% saving I was looking for, but I was always missing out so its definitely the price of 7500 to get a low milage van from this source. I kept notching it up bit by bit until I won. I know its not an exact science, but it was the best I could do rather than just go in high.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:29    Post subject: Re: 3.0L V6 Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
I've got a PD6W it says on the Jap auction paperwork !

PD6W is the code for a 3L SWB 4WD. All of these Models are PD6W's. The next set of codes, in the first colums, tells you about what Bodywork, seating and styling you have. once you know the next code you can break the manuals down into what parts are on your vehicle:-

HSEGE XR(HIGH-ROOF),4CA/T
HSEHE2 EXCEED(CRYSTAL-LITE ROOF),4CA/T
HSEHE3 SAM-PKG(HIGH ROOF),4CA/T
HSEHE5 20TH ANNIV./CHAMONIX(HI-RF/7STR),4CA/T
HSEUE XG(HIGH-ROOF),4CA/T
HSEUE2 SAM-PKG(CRYSTAL-LITE ROOF),4CA/T
HSEUE3 ACTIVE FIELD EDITION(HI-RF/8STR),4CA/T
HSEUE5 20TH ANNIV./CHAMONIX(HI-RF/8STR),4CA/T
HSEUE7 JASPER(HIGH-ROOF),4CA/T
HSEUE9 CHAMONIX(HIGH-ROOF),4CA/T
HSEXE2 SUPER EXCEED(CRYSTAL-LITE ROOF),4CA/T
NLEME XE(4DOOR),4CA/T
NSEGE XR(NORMAL-ROOF),4CA/T
NSEGE1 XR(SUNROOF),4CA/T
NSEHE1 EXCEED(SUNROOF),4CA/T
NSEHE5 CHAMONIX(NORMAL-ROOF/7SEATER),4CA/T
NSEUE XG(NORMAL-ROOF),4CA/T
NSEUE5 CHAMONIX(NORMAL-ROOF/8SEATER),4CA/T
NSEUE7 JASPER/AERO(00M-),(NORMAL-ROOF),4CA/T
NSEUE9 CHAMONIX(NORMAL-ROOF),4CA/T

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay I've ihad some more pictures and one of the Vin plate, so its a 2005 active field hi top, is that just leather seat trim, or was there anything else that goes with the active field name. From what I can see its very similar to my super exceed I used to have.
Its a
HSEUE3 ACTIVE FIELD EDITION(HI-RF/8STR),4CA/T
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Web Page Name

This is the full service manual for this engine, It took a while of digging !
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for link.

That will Come in handy.

Cheers  Smile
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Mitsi in Cornwall for a price list of their service items for this engine. The guy did some great digging for me. So looks like its Milners for me ! 30 quid a spark plug !!

Good morning Mr Lemin,

I have looked into the service parts for you. As perviosly said there non stock items with us but some are avalible from mitsi uk.
oil filter £7.20 inc vat

Air filter £15.59 in vat

fuel filter unfortunatly this is no longer avalible

Spark plugs £29.83 inc vat each

Hopefully this has been helpful

Thank you
exarkun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in a set of NGK Y-115T1 (around £7 each) plugs back in April 2016 and have had no problems with them since.  That was after the year before putting other ones in at the price of £22 each.
eenymac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did it go with Algys Autos? I was looking at some of their stock.....
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far its been very smooth sailing (pun intended), as I said I bought the car £7500 bid, I have paid the deposit to buy the car from the auction (still don't know what the actual price that was paid at the auction) I then had to wait a couple of weeks for the photos. I now have a set of 30 high quality pictures that show me exactly what I have bought. It fits the Auction sheet exactly. All numbers match up. Now its is on the "Mediteranian Highway" transport ship. one of the ugliest boats I have ever seen. It will now take about 3 - 4 weeks to get to the UK.
Now obviously there is a big chunk of trust on my part, but you know when you are dealing with people and things start to smell a bit fishy. I can certainly say that has not happened here. Algys have been up front with ALL the costs and the process. I knew exactly what I was getting into and the risks, and its all going to plan so far.
One thing where there is a bit of fuzzyness is that I am still not sure the price of the vehicle on the road. It will not be more than my maximum bid 7500, but it maybe less. I presume Algys does this so that in case there is something wrong then they have a buffer to sort it. If I was in their shoes I would do the same. It won't cost more and it can only cost the same or less, so no hardship at all.
So now I have a month of checking this ship as it probably drops off in every port on the way to the UK.
So far I give Algys 10 out of 10, and trust me if something wasn't right I would say.  What I really like is when I call they answer the phone and give me the answer to my questions, if things are taking more time they tell me. They answer all the Emails very quickly and professionaly.
So I would say I am 75% there, its just getting it back to the UK and BIMTA and MOT.  Time line for that is 1st week of January, then its at least 2 weeks from that to get all the UK stuff sorted. So I should be "Delli Grinning" end of Jan start of Feb, just in time for the snow !
eenymac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! Sounds like you've got it all covered.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gypsy - if you haven't found out about the Active Field models, - Active Field was the name given to the new, electronically controlled 4WD system, operating through a variety of sensors operating on the suspension and braking system - there is a recent posted article on MDOCUK facebook Forum. It would appear to have both pros and cons over the earlier system.
eenymac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided not to go through the whole importing process myself and got myself a Delica which had been imported in October 2017 - so relatively fresh....only about 100 miles away from me. Very similar model to the one in the Gypsy is importing and got it for same price. Already sealed on underside and fully serviced. Going through the fun of swapping out the Japanese Eclipse stereo - had to be done! Fitting tow bar (which I got from the guy for £20).... and various other little jobs. Been quoted 2K for LPG conversion, so need to think about that. All good so far!
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

As LPG provides around 15% less energy than petrol, the effective difference per litre is about 50p. So 4,000 litres at 50p is the cost of the LPG conversion. After that, you are saving money. If your V6 does 5miles/litre, you'll be doing well. So you'll be into profit after 20,000 miles,or less.
eenymac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah 20K Miles is what I reckoned. The nearest LPG garage (who would also do the conversion) is at 70p per litre though, so probably take even longer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: