Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

New Tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WirezFree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 20:38    Post subject: New Tyres Reply with quote

Hi All,

Hopefully my Delica will be registered and ready in the next 10 days... All was good on MOT.
The tyres look like they still have some useful life left in them... But just appear to be "regular" tyres.

Thinking ahead for some "new" one's... I have found the following mentioned in some threads.
 - BF Goodrich A/T KO2 30/9.5 R15 104S
 - Road Venture MT KL71 30/9.5 R15 104Q
 - COOPER DISCOVERER STT PRO 30X9.5 R15 104Q
 - YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR A/T G015 30X9.5 R15 104S

I believe these are the largest you can fit without any wheel arch surgery

Given I want some all rounders, the BF Goodrich A/T KO2 30/9.5 R15 104S seem(on paper) to meet my needs..

The cheapest "I" have manged to find £505 for 4 delivered

Anybody have experience of them..??,, or better prices..

Many Thanks... Dave

ps...
It's a L400 V2/Facelift 2005, "Active Field" V6 3.0L Auto
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 20:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro.  I can't fault them. I used the Kumho KL71 for a few years, but these are far superior.

I've just come back from a trip down to Spain for some offroading and averaged about 32mpg, with no wear and tear on them. Though in this country I don't seem to get the same mpg, which is probably down to the UK fuel, as it's shown not to be the tyres.

Rocky shores,  dry or muddy forest tracks, Dual carriage ways, at a constant 130Kph (in France  Rolling Eyes ), in blistering heat  - they take it all.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
WirezFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

@Lewis,

Many Thanks...
How do these compare noise wise to the KL's..??

Is your Deli Silver.,
or is the photos/light or my eyes( Embarassed) .??

Cheers.. Dave
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't notice any noise, but then again I'm sat inside it with the music on.

And if it is loud outside then I'm not in any place long enough to hear complaints. Laughing

It's white, you need new eyeballs.   Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
WirezFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lewis...

mmm... Yes, but I'll blame it on the screen for now  Shocked  Laughing

I like the Black wheels... Wondering how Black goes with Silver.... Never been good at coordinating colours

Cheers
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are the standard Mitsu Aluminium ones sprayed with Satin black.

I got my Coopers online.

If your quick they have five left in stock at £90 each:- https://www.bigtyres.co.uk/30x9-50r15-lt-cooper-discoverer-stt-pro-por-104q.html

HTH

ルイス
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going around in tyre circles too!
I've got 15" standard wheels, but also 2 inch lift so room for something else.

Currently got General Grabber AT2 235/75x15 on the front. (approx 29 x 9.5 x 15) and they work well in the dry and wet, not tried much on mud/snow. A bit noisy (75db)
On the rear are ancient Falken RV A/T things (no longer made) that need replacing. They have lasted very well, but are now skiddy in the wet now they are down to 3mm - like driving a Capri!

So also wondering about higher wall 15s (30s or 31s) or moving to 16 inch wheels and something like 265/70x16 (approx 30.5 x 10.5 x16) which seem cheaper/more choice to replace as they are so common on pick-up trucks.
Just an option to lower the revs on the motorway without changing the gearbox!

So question I'm pondering is what is the cheapest (or most popular) tyre size for a particular make/tread pattern? Less rubber isn't always cheaper if the bigger ones are pile em high sell em cheap :-)

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
WirezFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07    Post subject: Tyres Reply with quote

@Lewis...

Cheers..  Yes that's a good price.... Thanks
WirezFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:36    Post subject: Tyre Size Reply with quote

@PinkPig...

If you put a larger Tyre, doesn't the rolling circumference change, so speedo/odometer will be wrong..??
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkPig wrote:
...... also wondering about higher wall 15s (30s or 31s) or moving to 16 inch wheels and something like 265/70x16 (approx 30.5 x 10.5 x16) which seem cheaper/more choice to replace as they are so common on pick-up trucks.
Just an option to lower the revs on the motorway without changing the gearbox!

Be careful with going for too large a sidewall, as they are often thinner and prone to getting sliced open on sharp rocks. That was one of the main reasons why I stopped using the KL71's.

WiresFree:  There is a difference in the rolling circumference, so you need to check that it is within 3% of the original OEM Factory tyres. 30x9.50 tyres on the 15" wheel are usually within that tolerance. on a 16" 225x75 tyre will work out at about 0.3% difference to the OEM's, 235x75's will be around 0.7%, whereeas the 235x70's will be 2.7% out, i.e. doing 61.6mph, while the odometer is indicating 60mph.

This website has a neat little way of putting in your intended tyre or rim differences, including wheel offset, so you can sit and play with different combinations to see what you come up with:- http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

HTH

ルイス
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:

Be careful with going for too large a sidewall, as they are often thinner and prone to getting sliced open on sharp rocks. That was one of the main reasons why I stopped using the KL71's.

That's why I was looking at 16s 245/75 or 265/70 on L200 warrior rims which have a 185mm side wall.
Factory my van has 215/80sx15 which is 173mm side wall and current 235/75x15 have 175mm side wall.
31x10.5x15 have a 203mm side wall and get into balloon territory as you say.

My speedo is already bonkers, reads about 10% high so this should sort it out :-)

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
WirezFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 14:20    Post subject: Clarification.. Reply with quote

@Lewis...

Thanks for info & links...

Just to be clear, the 30x9.50 tyres on the 15" wheel is fine.

Is this the "largest" tyre/wheel size that can go on without wheel arch surgery and/or lifting on the L400

Sorry to be a pain...  Cheers... Again
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct. Once you get up into 31+" diameters you need a lump hammer to flatten out the seam in the wheel arch and some modification of the mud flaps and front airdam, though the tyre will sort the airdam out for you whilst your driving.  Wink

ルイス
WirezFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 17:08    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

@Lewis
Quote:
the tyre will sort the air dam out for you

Smile Smile Smile

Many Thanks...
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Pink Pig says,  on my L300, with standard wheels and tyres, speedo differered to sat-nav, being 8 -10% optimistic. When I fitted wider wheels, with 265/70/15s, speedo error dropped to around 3-4% optimistic. I can't fit anything bigger without a proper lift - front torsion bars are cranked up by 30mm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: