2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

dreaded flashing light problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndelica

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:03    Post subject: dreaded flashing light problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just had my L400 up on blocks to test the 4WD. It works perfectly moving from 4WD down to 2WD and then back again no problem. However, when I change from 4WD down to 2WD the top two lights on the dashboard display continue to flash. I know there maybe a number of reasons for this, but does anyone know the most likely causes and where I should start first.
Thanks in advance.

John
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

YOZA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine does this ^^

I simply accelerate to 20mph or so then take my foot off the accelerator, the “dead” time at the point of stopping acceleration and beginning deceleration leads to no load on the selector pin, so it moves more freely.

For me this works every time.
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be one of the vacuum valves which control the front drive shaft free wheel actuator. These are situated on the RH wing in the engine bay just behind the long fuse box. Measure the resistance of the coil windings for an open circuit condition. The solenoid controlling the vacuum valve to disengage the drive shaft free wheel is powered all the time when in 2H, it is only depowered when 4WD is selected.

Other thing to check are the vacuum lines from the solenoid valves to the actuator for leaks.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

First read this post:-
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18735  

Then read this post about the switches used in the gearbox that turn the lights on and off:-
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20715

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something that commonly happens, I have just mentioned it on another thread that mine works when I use the clutch!/ so changing ot of 4WD tback to two with the clutch pressed is more successful than any other method I've tried.

I didn't have a prob with prev one but this newer s2 model isn't so compliant!

But the more I do it the easier it switches

Should it grind though if I try to tur the wheels whilst whilst not fully dsengaged?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: