Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Another Front Blower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DickieF
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:19    Post subject: Another Front Blower Reply with quote

Hi All,

front blower has stopped working on top of a few other electrical issue (most of which I suspect being down to my own stupidity).  Anyway I have no blower at the mo.  Blower out motor is fine. Resistor is fine according to specs.  Fuses are fine.  So it HAS to be the relays right?  I swapped the relays between that and the defogger - but still nothing.  Anything I am missing?

Also - can anyone explain why - after changing my alternator (again) - my flashing green 4x4 lights are now working properly?  That was going to be my next fix.

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DickieF
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chaps,

Well I've solved all of my electrical issues (most of which I created) and a few more niggling bits besides.  Just as an FYI - if you ever need electrical advice or work done on your bus never ever ever ask me.  First in a rush I managed to blow my alternator by not disconnecting the battery first - this blew a few fuses.  So I tracked them all down one by one and replaced the broken ones.  But from some reason the Blower motor would still not work.  I've checked fuses - so checked relays - all good.  Motor out - all good. Resistor all good.  So back to wiring diagrams.  Following back from the battery I checked where current was getting - stopped at cabin fuse box.  But I had checked all the fuses.  Yes, but after searching for ages I suddenly noticed something, and it matters which holes you plug them in to.  Who'd have thought.  Laughing So I had replaced a blown lock fuse and not the blower. FFS.  Also I removed the condenser fuses in the engine bay to stop the fans coming on as I have disabled the air con.  Turns out that disables any air getting to the front demister FYI.  I did strip and replace my broken passenger side door lock motor and remove the annoying beeper on the ignition key.  So look on the bright side.

So the moral of the story.  Do - not - let - me - near - your -  Delica.   Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: