Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Tyres ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:15    Post subject: Tyres ? Reply with quote

Hi it has been a long long time since I have been on here  Embarassed but after moving up a bit of a hill that the emergency services couldn't get up in the winter at times, I am a bit concerned about the Delica with no ABS ETC. So what do I do change it (OMG did I say that) for something newer it mainly gets used to take dog to lake 1/2 mile each way and a couple of holidays a year has Kumho KL71's on that the front two need changing any way. When it was bad snow last year I used a C5 exclusive with snow tyres so lifted it up and it coped very well in snow wimped out in ice lol. Thoughts please guys I know the last winter was bad but trying to plan ahead  :D
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 20:20    Post subject: Re: Tyres ? Reply with quote

delart wrote:
Hi it has been a long long time since I have been on here  Embarassed but after moving up a bit of a hill that the emergency services couldn't get up in the winter at times,
I  am a bit concerned about the Delica
with no ABS ETC.

Is your Delica a 2 WD version  Question

If not, that is what the 4WD is for, they have the option of 4WD with or without Diff lock.

Going downhill in slippery conditions - use 4WD with difflock.

Here's a tip for you. In cold/ damp slippy weather, the brakes can often "grab" - Use 4WD in difflock,
apply a little power in gear, and then gently apply the brakes - To warm them. It really does help  Smile

Many times I wish I could that in me taxi, but its only RWD  Sad

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my current Deli I was chuffed that it didn't have ABS fitted. I found it to be more of a hindrance than a help, especially in snow.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
delart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi no it is the four wheel drive but last time I went down a steep hill in the snow in it the back came past me in quite an hurry and ended in a ditch and the road is only about as wide as the Delica is long the neighbours  park on the road could be awkward lol is it just me but would prefer a manual for slowly going down hill PS deker still have that mudflap
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

For slowly going downhill, put it in 'L' and turn the OD off.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

delart wrote:
Hi no it is the four wheel drive but last time I went down a steep hill in the snow in it the back came past me in quite an hurry and ended in a ditch and the road is only about as wide as the Delica is long the neighbours  park on the road could be awkward lol is it just me but

1) would prefer a manual for slowly going down hill

2) PS deker still have that mudflap

After me, as what Lewis sez  Wink    1) Nowt wrong with the auto.

2) I remember that, should have got back to you, and said that Baz sorted me with some.
I believe you live in or close to "Llandrodd" I've been that way quite a few times, forgot to "look you up"  Embarassed

Would have been good to see you at the Welsh meet this year.

Mr D
delart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes in landod but you always have this meet about the time the Royal Welsh is on and that rules me out Crying or Very sad
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABS should take the guesswork out of braking, and keep all your wheels rolling, however heavy footed you might be. Narrow tyres with wide, zig-zag, tapered grooves work best, they grip well, and don't clog with sticky snow so badly. If no ABS, as said, engage difflock and a low gear for descending hills. Autos are great - very smooth changes - no jerks to break traction, up or down.
Deker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

delart wrote:
Yes in landod but you always have this meet about the time the Royal Welsh is on and that rules me out Crying or Very sad

Why  Question   Do you display there, or just visit  Question

Some years back was up in Builth, on me bike, when the show was on. Was I glad I was on a bike (650 cc).

Where we were, Disserth & Elan Valley, did not notice anything, except at Rhayadar, bit of traffic there = normal.

Mr D
delart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work a lot show week to much really then need to rest, yeah Disserth would have apart from people staying there from the show but it is really busy in Builth
delart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi this went a bit off on a tangent but I still need those Tyres asap need ones that will cope with snow just in case any recomendations
delart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

What abut these ? BFGoodrich Urban Terrain T/A 235/75 R15 109 H XL
YOZA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49423

Just to address the topics question.
delart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, well I have booked it in for MOT tomorrow glad I didn't buy Tyres as the mot examiner said it would fail Sad but he said that last year to  Rolling Eyes but this year he says it will be because of the new MOT ?
delart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it passed   Smile  Smile
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray thumbright! You can play in the floods, now! Hope it's okay where you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: