4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Lift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl8ter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 19:53    Post subject: Lift Reply with quote

I want to lift my L400 more for looks than any thing else do Land Rover springs fit on with out any mods and what one exactly do I need. Was also looking at front ball joint spacers are they okay to fit.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 19:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of info and photos on springs on this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9750  

This post has some help, again with photos, to show you how to replace the springs:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46083

Technically if your just replacing springs then it is not a lift, though you will gain a couple of inches in height.

Doing a 'lift' involves fitting spacers at various suspension points and on the Brake Bias valve. That then raises the body above the axle to give more wheel arch clearance.  However it does not raise the axle height from the floor to give more ground clearance. To do that you need to fit larger wheels.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Fri Oct 12, 2018 16:27; edited 2 times in total
sl8ter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dose andyj still do springs? If not is it land rover or range rover front springs and what year as iv read loads but still can't find out and thanks lewis
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Andy's springs on mine and they have coped with everything I have done and all the weight I put in it when off on my Spanish expedition trips.

The worst part about that first link I put above is the indecision about which to use. On the first page t0me, from Australia, who knows what he is doing said Range Rover standard Front Springs. Then on the back page Buzr said Land Rover Front +50mm.

It also mentions that I had Lovell Range Rover Heavy Duty Front springs on my last Deli. If they were still sold in this country I would have used the Lovell's again.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
sl8ter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dose andyj still do springs. And I got confused about land or range rover spring and what year or are they all the same through the years
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: