2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Facelift

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:34    Post subject: Facelift Reply with quote

Does anyone else have a facelift?  Be interesting to compare notes.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CSMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a member of the S2 Master race, mine's in Knightrider black and registered in '99

Had some work done on things like brakes and calipers, and the crank angle sensor went a year or two ago.
Replaced plugs after discussions with forum members, and mark3 did my pump seal last year. Excellent job.

Recently pimped my dials with light up white dials from Lockwood, arrange through Ganymede on the forum chat.

Rich
annek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you mean :?  ..and. 'Knightrider' is really a colour?

So what colour is the bottom, and how's the plastic coating holding up, mines cracking badly and coming off!

Do you have working auto step? ..and a reversing mirror, as miss that lots.

Is yours 7/8 seater?  Mines r reg, is that 99?  I think mines probs older
Do you have any trouble seeing the fan screen driving along?  Mines really hard to see in decent daylight.

Is it a manual too?

Sure I will think of other questions soon! Shocked
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

S2 facelifts are the coolest, even if they can be harder to work on.

One of the comments from a forum member when I posted photos was "if Knightrider went off-road, it would look like my Deli" so it's kind of stuck.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AtMV2qedojHvxPQy5  link to photo

Underneath is reasonable, had the odd patch for MOT's and the plastics are all good.

Reversing mirror is in place, but with blacked out glass it can be hard to see anyway. You should be able to pick one of those up from a scrappy, or fit a reversing camera kit like a few members have.

Auto step all working as intended. R would be 98-99, so you could only be a few months older. Mine wasn't imported until 2014 when I bought it.

Dash display for heaters is a common problem. There is a display adjust switch on the back of the unit, but most find even on high it's difficult to see in sunlight. especially if you put side lights on and the display switches to night mode.
There is a thread on cleaning up the heater display, maybe in the DIY section.

And finally no, mine's the 2.8 auto diesel with 7 seats.

Rich
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSMonkey wrote:
Reversing mirror is in place, but with blacked out glass it can be hard to see anyway. You should be able to pick one of those up from a scrappy, or fit a reversing camera kit like a few members have.

When getting a tailgate mirror bare in mind that the highroof and lowroof versions have different shaped arms on to get the mirror angle right for looking down.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear all that!  My auto step still working too, just!!!

Is low roof, will keep that in mind.

All the interior centre panel is badly cracked/ing.  The radio is threatening to fall out as the bar across the bottom has now completely cracked both ends, sad looking.

I have a reversing camera, which now isn't working, or only decides to work when it wants and isn't needed, the trouble is. I have a long 3-bike rack on the towball, so I can't see to the end of that!  ...and will two sets of roof bars and a roofbox, I can't go in any car parks as too tall and also too long for spaces!

It's in need of some TLC/upcycling!

Oh, and don't know where to post but I have a spare brake service kit for the larger piston, can't be bothered to return it to sender does anyone want? Should I post that somewhere particular.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

annek wrote:

Oh, and don't know where to post but I have a spare brake service kit for the larger piston, can't be bothered to return it to sender does anyone want? Should I post that somewhere particular.

You could post it in this section of the website:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=67

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, cheers Lewis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: