Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Coniston Meet, 1st-3rd June 2018 - event photos

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idle/Rubbish chat (often enhanced by alcohol  Rolling Eyes )

Mr D
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 19:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CSMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good time had by all, congratulations and nice job with the video Smile
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouseflakes wrote:
Most of the track has young trees encroaching on it, so it probably wouldn't suit a van with a roof rack or awning attached.

Thanks Mouseflakes, understood about the low hanging trees, will have to get the Patrol out again it's much lower.
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for a good weekend, really enjoyed it and great company too. Glad you enjoyed the lanes and thanks to Andy for organising.

It was the first time out on the lanes with the Deli so gave me a chance to compare with the Patrol that I usually drive. Overall impression is that it's easier to control being an auto box, and the driving position helps when placing the front wheels (being able to see the RH wheel when leaning out a bit, which is more difficult in the Patrol). Torque delivery from the four banger engine is smoother than the Patrols six (peak torque occurs at a higher RPM). I was particularly impressed in the way it snapped in and out of Diff lock and 1st low range considering it had never really been used in that way since I've owned it the past 12 years. Overall very good.
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
A word to the wise for future reference though. When greenlaning the Green Lane Association has a code of conduct that we as a club try to follow: https://www.glass-uk.org/about/our-code-of-conduct.html
Razz

Point noted Rusty. I was aware of that and we did discuss the fact, but felt that with the number of inexperienced (off road) drivers we had, and that many of them didn't know their way around the Lakes, it was better to stick together. If we do another one, the format must change along the lines of the Glass code or I personally won't be involved. However, if individuals take it upon themselves to travel in larger groups (even after being briefed) there's little that can be done...after all it is just a code.

P.S. I am a GLASS member too.
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, a lot more people indicated they were coming than actually turned up, and we ended up with 5 for the trailing, which I led. This year, I was pleasantly surprised by the number that turned up - it is a benefit of the Coniston Hall site that you don't have to book, apart from at bank holidays, but it does mean you can't be sure of numbers. Next year, for sure, even if we only have a similar number, we will divide the trails into 2 or more routes and groups, and insist that all members have 4WD engaged, to reduce wear and skidding on the trickier parts of the trails, although, due to the prolonged dry weather, this was less of an issue. Apologies to Paul for nominating him as trail leader, and putting him in that position, but with his extensive knowledge of the Lakeland trails and their suitability for our relatively novice group, he seemed the logical choice, and didn't disappoint. And it was my choice for the group photo on the verge half-way along the trail, chosen for it's size, ease of lining up, suitable ground conditions, and fabulous views. I had investigated a few trails myself, some of which would have proved damagingly difficult for most of our vehicles, regardless of driver ability. Some of those rocks are very sharp! And as said elsewhere, even on the tarmac roads, there are very few passing places on single track lanes capable of accommodating a large group.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had just pulled off the track there for a break, so as to keep it clear for any other passing traffic, and used the rest period as an opportunity to take some photos.  Rolling Eyes

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh! Yeah, that's what I meant! Embarassed
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Some of those rocks are very sharp!
And as said elsewhere, even on the tarmac roads, there are very few passing places on single track lanes capable of accommodating a large group.

Yeah right - I bent my driver side step  Sad

I wonder how a group of us would manage the Devils Staircase, or Wolfs Leap,
Wales (where I took you and Ian in 2016, on the way to Llyn Brianne)

I think Lewis knows it, (someone posted a pic that Lewis recognised) the flat bridge, actually two bridges, across the river Irfon
before the steep uphill climb with a sharp right turn at the top.

I don't think I showed you and Ian all of the Abergwesyn to Tregaron mountain road, that has places where it is possible to "Wild camp"
And the red phone & post box in the middle of the mountain road.

Anyone up for a mid Welsh meet in a month or two Question  If so, I'll make a post.

Mr D
jaspa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:

Anyone up for a mid Welsh meet in a month or two Question  If so, I'll make a post.

Yes  wave
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
Anyone up for a mid Welsh meet in a month or two [/b] Question  If so, I'll make a post.

Mr D

That would be interesting....not been down that way for about 30 years. Depending on dates I may be able to attend.
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Next year, for sure, even if we only have a similar number, we will divide the trails into 2 or more routes and groups,

Judging by the interest on FB there could be more than this year. Andy and I could lead a group each but may need more volunteers with local knowledge of the Lakes back lanes and tracks, may even be worth doing some pre-recces to plan routes.
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulus wrote:
Deker wrote:
Anyone up for a mid Welsh meet in a month or two [/b] Question  If so, I'll make a post.
Mr D

That would be interesting....not been down that way for about 30 years. Depending on dates I may be able to attend.

The main date/s has to suit Andy.

I do not know any off road trails, most of them belong to the Forestry Commission.
Of course, their main worry is FIRE

At the Pen y Garreg dam http://www.elanvalley.org.uk/events/info/9511  there is an open day
Saturday 30 June. Probably too close to our last meet.

Mr D
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulus wrote:
Judging by the interest on FB there could be more than this year.

Where on FB  Question

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Lewis knows the GLASS code, and has plenty of off-road experience, and can read maps, - if he'd be willing. I 'd be happy to meet up before the event to reccy some routes. The ones I looked at were a bit rough! There may be other seasoned green laners  coming next year - will just have to check and plan the logistics in more detail/allow more time. Deker, Mid-Wales sounds good to me for later this summer, but I'll come back to you with some no-go dates for me. Never been to Aberystwyth or Cardigan bay.
illapulito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wales trip sounds a good idea: we should start a new thread ?
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:

Where on FB  Question

On the Delica Facebook site where Chris has posted entries and pictures about the Lakes trip.
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulus wrote:

On the Delica Facebook site where Chris has posted entries and pictures about the Lakes trip.

I can only find Delica Mart on FB  Sad

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just google mdocukfb - I just did that and it came up top of the references.  Re- dates for Welsh meet, my preferred earliest (after the start of school hols) is w/e 28/29 July and days around it. Other dates in August may be possible, but need to check with s.w.m.b.o! If folks want to suggest other, preferred dates, please do - I am not in charge! As Illapulito says - might be a good idea to put a Summer Welsh Meet post up, Deker - many people will be ignoring this thread, as Coniston is over!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
I am not in charge!

The 'Normal club method is that whoever suggests a particular meet, organises it......  Wink

So who suggested the Welsh meet   ?    Rolling Eyes

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: