4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

new shock absorbers - which ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illapulito

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:55    Post subject: new shock absorbers - which ? Reply with quote

I need to replace rear shocks and will get the front done too.

There is an ECS button on the dash but nothing lights up when pressed, presumably disconnected (I don't know as yet if there any activators in situ)

In any event I would be happy with standard after market shocks but prefer better quality

not that I will be doing any off-roading in the overland adventure sense (other than lots of unsealed roads and  some cross field)

I saw some Ranchos 9000 with 9 settings that looked good, but I don't need that feature

Should unbranded shocks be considered, for example ?

Same manufacturer front and rear ?

Source / supplier ?

any suggestions / recommendations please ...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Monroe on the front on the old Deli.
They give a really smooth ride over speed bumps and not to pricey. Also standard fit.

Better than my adjustable ranchos on the newer Deli for comfort but that could be down to the stiffer torsion bar set up.

Saying that, Monroe make the ranchos also....
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's recommended to get Mitsi oem if you have ECS fitted"check you have the gubbins not just the switch" and whatever takes your fancy if not.I bought ironman shocks for mine but felt the old non ECS Mitsi shocks were better.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
skiorsail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far about 30,000 ML my  Monroe's are good the  lifespan of the origional o
em ones are amazing it's only the bushes that seem to give up after 150000 road miles. Do get the ones made for 4x4 as they do make the same size for a lightweight car and they are useless on the Delica,
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup it was my bushes went not the shock.
Bazza :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:29    Post subject: Re: new shock absorbers - which ? Reply with quote

illapulito wrote:
There is an ECS button on the dash but nothing lights up when pressed, presumably disconnected (I don't know as yet if there any activators in situ)

See this post:-  http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=210797

The photos will help you work out if or not you have the ECS system fitted.

This post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47945  will help when you come to replace the front shocker, with or with the ECS system.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: