4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Tow bar post 1998 model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 18:41    Post subject: Tow bar post 1998 model Reply with quote

I'm looking at putting my tow bar from my 1996 model onto my 2002 model.

Exactly the same design, fits straight on - However - research says that vehicles post 1998 must have an eu approved towbar.

Mine is very strong , probably beefed up more than some that are meant to be "the new legal" but dosent and never had that special sticker ....

All the eu approved dealers I've looked at, don't make one, unless I've missed something?

Any advice ??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 18:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just swap it over, everything underneath is the same.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that myself  Razz

For once, I was trying to behave,  Embarassed

I thought I'd see if anyone else had come across the issue, or had cared.. Rolling Eyes
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a 99 model and the previous owner had had one professionally fitted, in 2014. It was identical to the one on my old Deli, with no Fancy EU marks or labels.

I think it is just that ones after 2002 are normally fitted with a 13 pin plug, rather than twin seven's. TheY are part of the MoT and the tester didn't say anything.

NB: IF there isn't a towball fitted then it is just a rear nudge bar.  Rolling Eyes

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
1) Mine is a 99 model.

2) NB: IF there isn't a towball fitted then it is just a rear nudge bar.  Rolling Eyes

1) 99 model, is that a series 1  Question  When were the series 1 models discontinued  Question

2) Nudge bar - Does that still apply if electric outlets are fitted  Question

Mr D
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any rules about fitting the electrical outlets to the body and not the towbar.?

Eg, you can take the towbar off and no wires are involved.

Lots of grey areas I'm sure. My local trailer shop says imports are not as tightly governed on towbars when I asked them the questions also.  Question
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
1) 99 model, is that a series 1  Question  When were the series 1 models discontinued  Question

Yes, as per my Signature picture. Wink  ! They stopped making the L400 at the Mizuma plant in 2014, and switched production fully over to Taiwan, where they had been making some. But I don't know if they are still doing the Series 1. Though you can still get Series1 (pre-facelift) front end body panels.

This is a Series 2:-

This is my Series 1:-

And this is a summertime offroading 'Tonka Toy'.  Laughing :-

It had just cost £8,000 for a new set of pulley belts, which we had to fit ourselves, after doing that lot the Deli ones are a real doddle..  Laughing

ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:

It had just cost £8,000 for a new set of pulley belts, which we had to fit ourselves, after doing that lot the Deli ones are a real doddle..  Laughing

Did that include new pulleys  Question
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per what I said:-

"£8,000 for a new set of pulley belts"

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: