4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

a/t light?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulacarter37

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 20:25    Post subject: a/t light? Reply with quote

can I just check if a flashing a/t light is ONLY caused by trans fluid overheating...the box doesn't quite feel right on gear changes just before a/t light flashes..car then drops into high and stays there unless changed manually..car pulls in all gears and I don't suspect the forward clutch packs are slipping..cheers peeps.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 20:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

paulacarter37

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 20:41    Post subject: transmission Reply with quote

if a flashing a/t light indicates high oil temp, where is the transmission temp sender situated..thanks.

(Posts merged for continuity. Moderator)
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

See item 4. On this info post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45994

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
paulacarter37

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Lewis, I did put a post questioning where the temp sensor for the gearbox is. I presume there must be one if it's an oil temp warning..i will disconnect battery for a while and see what happens to tranny brain.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a dedicated one, it just uses the coolant temp sensor on the inlet hose elbow, where it connects to the block from the radiator.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
paulacarter37

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, presumably for the o/d to drop in when working temp reached..
paulacarter37

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell me where the transmission control unit is please.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the bottom unit behind the base of the central fascia below the ashtray and giggy lighter unit.

There are two plastic rivets on each side holding the cover to the underlying bracket.

Push the centre in and then pull the complete outer part of the rivet out.

The centre part of the rivet can then be pullled off the outer, when it is out, and when you refit the cover push in the outer, then refit the centre to lock it in place.

HTH

ルイス
paulacarter37

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep got it, thanks again Lewis..part ordered.
paulacarter37

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes typical..replaced transmission control unit, no different. Five mins on the road and a/t starts flashing, gearbox stays in high gear unless I manually drop the gears down.....will tps fault cause this?...and yes fluid has been drained and changed 1st February.
paulacarter37

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15    Post subject: gearchange. Reply with quote

can't find the solution. a/t light flashing after 1/2 mile. changed transmission control unit, no difference. changed tps and still no change, also replaced speedo sensor...doing my head in. any thoughts. and yes trans fluids changed in feb 18.

(Posts merged for continuity. Please don't post the same issue in more than one place. Moderator)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: