Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Steering rack '94 Delica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ertuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 13:43    Post subject: Steering rack '94 Delica Reply with quote

Just had a refurbed steering rack from Kelly Bray steering racks in Cornwall. they now have my old one with tie rods which they have refurbed to as new condition. They sent me the reconned rack with ties in a long box including two new boots and ties, this via U.P.S. I  had the rack changed and they found that there was a corrosion hole in the hydraulic pipework which with the old rack, was also leaking. After a load of chasing about eventually the garage had the new pipe made up out of  copper with flared ends for the connections.

Anyway within the box there is a prepaid addressed sticker to adhere to the original postage box and after carefully placing your old rack within and making sure it is tight and doesn't move I got onto to Kelly Bray and they arranged for U.P.S. to pick it up the next day and several days later I was refunded the fifty quid deposit for returning my old rack.

I had quite a few conversations with the owners son and the owner himself and they are genuine people who are quite rightly proud of their operation and reputation so I whole heartedly recommend them. Whoever gets my old reconned rack a tip and that is hang onto the the very robust stabilising cardboard tubes they send with it  as you will need them to return the item, my garage slung them so I had to pad out the box with old socks and clothing, clean mind you and I told them if they could match a pair up without holes then by all means use them as they had been thoroughly washed!

The quite distinct drumming noise I used to get had now considerably diminished since the rack was fitted and what I can hear now is the drum from the A.T. tyres.

Hope this all helps somebody out....

Ertuck
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 13:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: