4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Seat belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arpy1969

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:50    Post subject: Seat belts Reply with quote

I am looking to upgrade the lapbelts in the third row of my 1990 Star Wagon Delica to retractor lap/sash belts (side 2 only).

I have found the correct belts, but when I removed the trim to fit the bracket near the roof of the car I found that there was not a captive nut behind the mounting hole, which I thought there would be. Sad

Has anyone fitted these belts, I have had a quick look, removing some of the trim but can't see how to get behind the hole to get a nut on the bolt. I know that these can be fitted as I have seen other Delicas with these belts.

Any experience?

Cheers

Rick
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try what the towbar suppliers provide with towbars where bolts have to be passed through holes in the chassis......
You need a long strip of metal about 5 to 10mm wide. Braze this onto the nut so that you can pass the nut through another hole in the body and hold it in place while you screw the bolt into it. Sound complicated but really quite straight forward. Provided the brazing is reasonable it'll be plenty strong enough to hold the nut secure while you torque the bolt up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: