4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 Front Bumper swap compatability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave60Mercury

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 17:21    Post subject: L400 Front Bumper swap compatability Reply with quote

Hi I wonder if anyone could advise -

I have a 2002 L400 Chamonix V6 petrol - PD6W- and dislike the front bumper assembly .

Its the type that has a single spotlight pod each side at the bottom edge and a moulded bull bar effort , also rectangular indicators fitted.

I would prefer the flattest stubbiest front style I can find to fit but would like to keep the indicators.

What bumpers would fit my year Delica's mounting frame / front wing's etc , I can fabricate parts if ness but the moulding would have to have same mounting points .

Many thanks in anticipation , regard's , Dave

I Can't see / open photobucket pic's !!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 17:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 19:23    Post subject: Re: L400 Front Bumper swap compatability Reply with quote

Dave60Mercury wrote:
1) and dislike the front bumper assembly .

2) I Can't see / open photobucket pic's !!

1) Can't help with the bumper  Sad

2) You are not alone, photo racket have decided to ask a lot O dough to use their facilty  Shocked
= No pay, No see.

Mr D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously have a Series 2, Facelift, model.

Those were the 1996 upgrade to the Series 1.  The type of front end shape was specified by the original purchaser, apart from the Special edition models. The headlight clusters were also upgraded at the same time.

You will have to search round scrapyards / dismantlers to find a shape you like. That may also require you to obtain the grill trims. Plus the metal box section mount that is hidden behind the front panel. Unfortunately you may find that in removing them the dismantler will have snapped off the fixing mounts, which fasten the edges to the wings. Though those can be repaired if you have some skill in plastic welding.

If you wanted to revert the front end to the classic Series 1 you will need the front panel, grill, and two panels above it, both metal wings and bonnet, plus headlamp clusters and possibly the wiring looms.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Dave60Mercury

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replys , wow that sounds more involved than I expected , I did nt think the wings would be different .

Its the sticky out chin I don't like and the moulded nudge bar feature that sticks out ,

I wanted a plainer front which could be cut shorter at the bottom and make a tubular lower bar / skid pan component to blend in .

I have it all apart but don't want to cut the original front ,

Thanks again, Dave
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome mate.  :D

Unfortunately insurer's claims adjusters will look for any plausible reason not to pay out.  Evil or Very Mad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: