Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Elan Valley, Wales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Overnight camping locations (Free) ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:16    Post subject: Elan Valley, Wales Reply with quote

If you like remote locations, this is good, and it is flat  Smile

Using Google Maps, copy & paste this -    Pont Ar Elan.
Located twixt Rhayadar and Aberystwyth. On the Mountain Road, which is South of the A 44.

A small parking area, in a very quiet spot in the Elan Valley, at the top of the three main reservoirs.
I have been there several times, first discovered this place when motorcycle camping.
But, last Thursday/Friday morning was my first time to (Delica) camp there.

A pleasant, small but powerful rocky waterfall is very close -
WARNING - I guess there must be a ton or two of water flowing there every second, it don't look like that,
so, if you have small or even not so small children with you keep "an eye" on them.
The flat rocks in the river are very tempting to jump around on them. Even for kids in their late 50s, like me, when I first went there.

Pont Ar Elan is best accessed from Rhayadar, or lower down South, from the A 470 via the Elan Village.

Toilet wise, take your own equipment or "hold on"

Mr D
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any TREES, Deker! Wink
Deker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
I don't see any TREES, Deker! Wink

WHAT - No trees  Exclamation  But then this thread is about Overnighters  Wink  
There was a reason why I stopped there - It goes like this -

On my way back from N.Wales, hoping to get to the campsite (Disserth) we was at last year.
Unbelievably my Delica "broke down" around 9:30 pm.

On a quiet B road, headlights - thinking that the Delica lights are dim, as we all do,
changed low beam to high, and the change over was slow and dim, looked at the Voltmeter, OH NO, Zero volts,
Bl--dy alternator gone duff  Sad the car came to a standstill - by the only street light on that very narrow road.

Right by two houses, on a small hill, knocked on first house, lady could not help me with parking "Off Road"
she sez "see the man opposite" I did, he helped by letting me park across his drive at the bottom of the hill.

I did, thought look under bonnet, check fuse box - There it was, blown alternator fuse  Evil or Very Mad
Back to ask man if he could lend me tools and a bit of wire, he sez " I have no tools or bits of wire.
Looking at his property I believed him. So - please may I use your phone to call AA - yes he did.

Half past eleven pm. I was on my way, with a repaired (not replaced) fuse.
Of course I was way too late to get to Disserth, therefore, made my way to Elan Valley, where I knew I could stop overnight,
where there were 2 other camper vehicles doing the same  Smile

Interestingly, one of the campers was photographing the night sky, towards the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy,
using a bog standard digital camera, no special lens. The Milky Way was so clear that night, haven't seen it like that for many years.

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Overnight camping locations (Free) ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: