4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Amazing overnight Spot. Poldhu Cove Cornwall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Overnight camping locations (Free) ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarefootBennett

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 14:43    Post subject: Amazing overnight Spot. Poldhu Cove Cornwall Reply with quote

Having just spent two weeks travelling round the south coast particularly Cornwall, we got chatting to the couple who run Mungo Lils at Lizard Point who told us about a great spot round the corner from where they lived.

As you drive down into Poldhu cove the main car park is on the right, there is a little single width bridge, go over that, which is next to a tiny roundabout which you need to take the small left at the roundabout up the hill. Drive right to the top where there is space for about a dozen cars. Its really busy with locals walking dogs etc but empty's later in the evening. We were one of three vans there. It is a beautiful location, you are literally overlooking two coves straight out to see.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 14:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CSMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was very close to there myself at the beginning of July. I was following some walks from a book called Secret Beaches of the South West.

Am I right from looking at google earth you were at the end of the golf course as well? Location 50°02'10.3"N 5°15'56.2"W

I will be heading back down soon so will check it out.

Rich
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.

Where I'm from,  overnighting is hard work living by the sea without being moved on.

Always interested to hear about places near the sea which are okay to stop.
BarefootBennett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is at the bottom of the golf course mate.

We did pretty much most of the west coast down through Devon, Cornwall, down to Lizards, then back up along the coast. We are going to retrace our route on a map so I'll highlight all the places we stopped and figure out a way to get em on.
On another note Wild Camping forum do a massive POI set up that highlights thousands of wild camping spots where you can park for free, but you have to pay for it. Think it's about £30 a year.
Godrevy is a National Trust place your not supposed to park but if you park up before the first metal gate they will
leave you alone, and that's a gorgeous spot where we stayed overnight. The national trust guy opened up at eight am n said to us you've not stayed overnight have you ? I said no n he said that's okay then isn't it :-)
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also stayed in the cliff top NT car parks at Godrevy headland near Hells Mouth. okay if you turn up late and don't get all the camping gear out.
One of the car parks is popular with the local kids in there cars, so one to avoid. It's the most remote of the NT car parks at 50°14'57.2"N 5°18'48.8"W.

Rich
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Green Grouch - some of the little lanes that lead down to the Fleet, west of Portland, look like you might  find a nice quiet spot. The Coastguard road out of Langford Herring looks promising on Google Earth. It's a long time since I was down that way - the old farm campsites now look horribly regimented, and Moonfleet Manor is now a huge complex.
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
For Green Grouch - some of the little lanes that lead down to the Fleet, west of Portland, look like you might  find a nice quiet spot. The Coastguard road out of Langford Herring looks promising on Google Earth. It's a long time since I was down that way - the old farm campsites now look horribly regimented, and Moonfleet Manor is now a huge complex.

Cheers Andy

My camping days now revolve around entertaining kids with swimming pools,  bingo, and kid friendly entertainment,  AND.  Beer for me Smile

My stealth camping days were mostly done in Cornwall.

Newquay and watergate bay.

Not very acceptable there now, but I'm probably a bit old for Newquay anyway.

I'll save these special spots pointed out for lads nights out which still happen once every couple of years.

A good spot near me is Hurst view near Lymington.  

Yes,  you pay, but no need for registered camper van. Open fires allowed,  and good pubs close, if you can cycle a mile or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Overnight camping locations (Free) ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: