Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 lowered van

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fodens83

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 18:59    Post subject: L300 lowered van Reply with quote

Hi I have an L300 panel van 1989.It has been lowered. I want to return her to standard, any ideas how this is done?

Thanks in advance

PS also after a set of original steel wheels
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 18:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front suspension has probably been lowered by re-indexing the torsion bars and/or winding down the adjusters. Re-indexing means removing the lever at the rear end of the torsion bar and moving it round a couple of splines. The rear suspension is lowered either by using shorter spring hanger shackles, or using flatter leaf springs.You would need to replace with original spec items.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Hyundai H100 wheels are a straight swap, apparently.
fodens83

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:08    Post subject: L300 van Reply with quote

HI Andyman, many thanks for the replies.Hopefully not too big a job for my 'Fred in the shed' local garage.
fodens83

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 20:01    Post subject: L300 lowered van Reply with quote

Just to the rear of the front axle, there is some studding which has an adjuster nut and a lock nut which appears to be attached to the torsion bars. Same set up on both sides.Will winding the nut up lower or raise the front suspension?
Do I have to jack the front up before adjusting?

Thanks in advance
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winding the nut up will raise your suspension. Best to jack the weight off the wheels, and lubricate the adjusters threads before starting. You will not be able to assess the effect without rolling the van forward to allow it to "settle". I reckon 1cm on the adjuster equates to around 2cms at the wheel.
fodens83

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 21:26    Post subject: L300 lowered van Reply with quote

The rods are coated in oil from the gearbox so hopefully will move okay.
Will give it a wiz tomorrow.The suspension?? is so low its costing me a fortune in getting my fillings reset every time I go over as speed hump, and there are plenty of those where I live, sadly. I'm hoping the reset will give a more comfortable ride.
Thanks for the reply
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

On e you have the van faised up to normal height get it into a proper 4WD garage and have the suspension reset, ie tracking, camber and caster, as raising tnetorsion bar up will cause the front wishbones to move inwards.

Apart from resetting the suspension and steering geometry it will also give a slight improvement in fuel economy. Not a drastic amount but even a couple of mpg's helps.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS You may need to re- index the torsion bars, i.e. move the adjuster arms around the splines on the ends of the bars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: