Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Febest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 21:18    Post subject: Febest Reply with quote

I set up an account with this German parts company a while back; however as they only did Paypal processing I didn't buy from them.

Recently Cunninglinguist needed some suspension links and I mentioned it. He used his account to get parts for us both. I have already fitted my rear links and am quite happy with the quality o fthem:-

These Droplinks do not use the Allen key system but have a 16mm spanner flat point on the balljoint stem, this makes it much easier to remove and fit them.

As you can see from the label they fit both L300 and L400 vehicles. The company delivered within a couple of days and they have a fairly extensive parts list for both vehicles:-

This is the online shop link having selected the PD8W body, which is pertinent to most models for the parts it uses:- https://shop.febest.eu/catalog.html?brand=MITSUBISHI&model=Delica&year=1994&body=PD8W

There is also a section that can be used as a parts finder:- http://febest.de/index.php?page=catalog

Prices are far cheaper than most UK autofactors and postage is free.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 21:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BarefootBennett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh good post  thumbright Cheers Lewis
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunning Linguist and I were fitting his FEBEST brand Rear droplinks last week and noted the ARB bushes were letting the bar wobble all over the place. Mine were not much better.  I only had a pair of 25MM ones (Mitsu Part MR267685) in my spares box, which I ordered wrong a few years back. The SWB uses a 23mm diameter bush (Mitsu Part MR267684).

The local autofactor wanted £5.70 + 20% VAT each for unbranded ones, which he would have to order in. I found the part on the FEBEST site, which strangely isn't listed for a Deli, and they wanted €6.50 each, including VAT and postage.  Shocked  :D

Pat ordered two pairs, which being over €20 upgraded postage to FREE DHL Airmail delivery. The tracking link showed the package was collected by DHL from the supply depot in Tallinn, Estonia at 11am on Friday, then flown by way of Gdansk, Poland - Leipzig, Germany - East Midland airport - Leeds Bradford airport to the DHL sorting depot and then delivered to my location at 11:09 this morning.

My local Autofactor will have a hard time improving on that.  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
CunningLinguist

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

More parts ordered from Febest on Friday - some rear ARB bushes - which arrived this morning! Impressive, tracked DHL delivery from Estonia, via Poland and Germany, to East Midlands and then Yorkshire. It could've have taken longer to get them from a local auto-factors. Minimum order to qualify for this fantastic free delivery is only 20 Euros, so highly recommended.
CunningLinguist

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, I've just refreshed the page and seen that I've basically echoed what Lewis said. Pretend I'm not here.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

ルイス
CunningLinguist

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike. And so does mine.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, good to have 2 recommendations! And your local driving conditions will test the parts thoroughly.
beeswax

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all.

I just bought a new pair of front drop links from Febest, but I haven't installed them yet.

My problem is the ball joints feel very stiff; I managed to loosen them up by hand but they've gone stiff again after a couple of days.

Do I need to open them up and add grease?

If so what grease should I use?

Many thanks,
John.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked No;  leave them alone.

They should be stiff. If links go loose then they need replacing.

The links are sealed for life. If you try opning the boots up you risk putting holes in them.

ルイス
beeswax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Lewis. Febest droplinks installed, wheel alignment done, and the old girl is back on the road for her 20th birthday (today :D )

At the risk of hijacking this thread  Embarassed my two reasons for assuming the ball joints should not be stiff:
1. they're ball joints, they're designed to move precisely but freely; the ARB is the active spring.
2. workshop manual (33A-23 to 24) specifies the rotation torque as 0.7 - 2.0 Nm, then says if "... exceeds standard value, replace the stabilizer link ... if ... lower than standard value, check that the ball joint does not feel stiff. If it doesn't feel stiff, it is possible to use the ball joint".

I'm more than happy to take your word for it that they should feel stiff, but I would also be very grateful if you could help me understand why.
:?  John
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that the arms on the joint itself is quite short, if it was longer then it would move easier. The stiffness tolerance is preset correctly by the manufacturers machining, so there is no reason to try to loosen them up before use.

The purpose of the ARB is to reduce the sideways roll of the vehicle, between wheels on the same axle. If the joint is too flexible then it defeats the purpose, by transferring movement too easily, rather than helping absorb it; unlike ball joints on the wishbones, which need to move freely.

When the links are wearing down you will start to get more roll and that will be apparent by clunking sounds as you hit speeds ramps and potholes.

HTH

ルイス
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my front and rear ARB drop links from Febest today (ordered on Tuesday evening). That's my Saturday sorted, removing the original 23yr old links that are knocking.
annek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, on checking these quoted links, the web pages are no longer showing  Crying or Very sad  

....I'll keep plodding on to the next hopeful!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you need to up to date posts!

The links I put up were done in 2017.

Try this one:-  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353793770844

ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, their webs are gone and they moved to ebay, good find, Thanks Lewis
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! That ebay seller is an independant person.

Febest are still around:- https://febest.eu/

They have also appointed MitzyBitz as their UK Distributor, so also use the MitzyBitz website to look for new parts as well as pre-used ones from dismantled vehicles: -  https://www.mitzybitz.com/mitsubishi-Delica

Note that the MitzyBitz has split parts up into various vehicle models, but most parts are used in all the different model variations, so check all sections, if one is showing items out of stock.

HTH

ルイス
annek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah okay!  Got that thanks, but if Febest are using Mitzybits for the UK sector, then I've already covered that, so I'll try the independent person you linked on ebay, ta!

My part will only be available on one model afaik, and they have checked for it already, but no luck there.

thanks again Lewis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: