Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Rear springs again !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOKE

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 19:23    Post subject: Rear springs again !! Reply with quote

My Deli is a LWB and gets used for everything , camping , moving house ( four times in last two years ) carrying building materials and tools etc , about two years ago or maybe a bit more I purchased springs off AndyJ , the thought was a 2" lift would allow a bit more travel when loaded without the Deli looking a bit saggy , but it's not the case , the springs are just not man enough , with seven on board ( kids in the back ) it's dragging it's rear end .

I have searched and searched  and I have found the same questions but cannot find consistent answers  Rolling Eyes   I know that part of the answer is Landy 110 springs ( front ) but which ones  Question Standard , heavy duty , lifted and by how much , any help would be appreciated as it's not only load carrying thats a problem cause when empty she now wallows like an old sow round corners , the dampers are good by the way   :D  I have some spring assisters but they won't help with the wallowing and so I'm loath to use them , I have access to a ramp for all my work which makes it nice and easy so I don't mind how many times I do the job to get it right , the problem is that I only want to buy one set of springs as I can't exactly borrow some for trial  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 19:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyre pressures  Question

If you got weight in the back, try increasing the pressures, I suggest 42 PSI and maybe more.

It is only my suggestion - - - I may be wrong, so, please don't shout me down.
It is what I would try first.

Deker
albideli

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for bearmach heavy duty 110 front land rover springs +45mm 255lb I've used these on a few delis and still have them on my main one, we use it fully loaded with passengers,  camping gear on the roof and a large caravan on the back, it sits spot in with no roll or harshness (still have ECS,  I'm on 265/75/15 yokohama geolanders which probably help too.
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andyj on here does springs that are very good.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
LOKE

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys , Deker I am already at 45 psi , Bazza it's AndyJ springs that I have fitted , albideli thanks for the info but  my Deli is a LWB and I understand that the springs are different to a SWB but don't know by how much , I also still have ECS and am running Cooper Discoverers 265 / 70 / 15 ATR

The springs are definitely the issue , when accelerating hard the back end goes down as if I had a V8 under the hood  Laughing  very noticeable to anyone following

I should also mention that all wishbone and trailing arm bushes have been replaced over the last three years  Smile
albideli

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that with these being the 255lb they're suitable for the lwb,  I've a mate with them on too and his also runs fine fully loaded and towing  Wink
Diver

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth checking with a dealer for proper genuine ones. Checked for my SWB this morning and was pleasantly surprised!

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46367
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 21:08    Post subject: Re: Rear springs again !! Reply with quote

LOKE wrote:
My Deli is a LWB and gets used for everything , camping , moving house ( four times in last two years ) carrying building materials and tools etc , about two years ago or maybe a bit more I purchased springs off AndyJ , the thought was a 2" lift would allow a bit more travel when loaded without the Deli looking a bit saggy , but it's not the case , the springs are just not man enough , with seven on board ( kids in the back ) it's dragging it's rear end .

I have searched and searched  and I have found the same questions but cannot find consistent answers  Rolling Eyes   I know that part of the answer is Landy 110 springs ( front ) but which ones  Question Standard , heavy duty , lifted and by how much , any help would be appreciated as it's not only load carrying thats a problem cause when empty she now wallows like an old sow round corners , the dampers are good by the way   :D  I have some spring assisters but they won't help with the wallowing and so I'm loath to use them , I have access to a ramp for all my work which makes it nice and easy so I don't mind how many times I do the job to get it right , the problem is that I only want to buy one set of springs as I can't exactly borrow some for trial  Laughing

yeah i have andy j springs and also in building trade and find mine sag under load too although are good for off road and otherwise...i will watch this thread with interest Smile
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOKE wrote:
.... my Deli is a LWB and I understand that the springs are different to a SWB ........

MR112829 spring suspension coil, rear - Yellow (HD)
MR112266 Spring suspension coil, rear - Red (STD)

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Diver

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR112829 spring suspension coil, rear - Yellow (HD)  LWB.  £81.06 + vat.  Special order from Japan, around 12-13 weeks delivery time.
chris s

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they'll fit SWB too, I reckon I might have to be getting a set of those (just need to close my eyes when paying for them  Embarassed )
chris s

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been having a look on milners site for something else and stumbled across a set of OBK springs and they reckon to be 20% stronger than standard too and half the price of genuine.  Anybody happen to have tried them?  Always a bit reluctant to order springs from Milners after the last set I had (leafs for an old landcruiser) bent (yes, bent, not even snapped!).  Being branded I'm wndering if they might be okay though this time.
chris s

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a set of the OBK ones from Milners yesterday and been out today with a reasonable load in the back and it definitely doesn't sag as much.  They do make it sit a little higher at the back but there's half a chance mine was sat low anyway as the old springs and new ones were similar length sat next to each other.  Doesn't seem too harsh a ride either.
YOZA

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a quick fix use spring assistors which do work- they are thick rubber strips that are pressed into the spaces between each coil.

www.springassisters.co.uk[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: