4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Number plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 23:04    Post subject: Number plate Reply with quote

I know small number plates are illegal but been told if its an import its okay ?  ..would like to fit a front number plate that fits the cut out in the bumper...i saw one on a Deli at one of my rare off road days and wondered where to get one from ??   Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 23:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a show plate, not for road use

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be getting across with the rule that allows square plates to be used on the front of imports, rather than the small plates.

I found the square plates tended to break easily so swapped to the long one and used longer bolts with a couple of spare rubber bushes from a rear droplink behind them to allow for the groove in the bullbar surround.

You can download a pdf document showing the current rules on plates and designs by clicking on this link:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/533255/inf104-vehicle-registration-numbers-and-number-plates.pdf

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you decide just make sure it's fixed proper like because you already have a full set of new brakes hilarious

One dent at a time...
boxerbloke
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzr6mille wrote:
Whatever you decide just make sure it's fixed proper like because you already have a full set of new brakes hilarious

Laughing and not forgetting a repaired roof rack ;)
wildbilly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are legally allowed to fit import plates to your Deli, i`m not at work at the minute so i Can't check the exact size  but there is two japanese import sizes, one is 9x6 i think, and thats the ones 1ve got on mine, totaly legal.
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fit one to the cut out in the bumper hmmm be care that you don't stop to much airflow  Shocked

One dent at a time...
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, imports can have a different size, but not sure the sizes dontknow

One dent at a time...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbilly wrote:
You are legally allowed to fit import plates to your Deli, i`m not at work at the minute so i Can't check the exact size  but there is two japanese import sizes, one is 9x6 i think, and thats the ones 1ve got on mine, totaly legal.

Only if the vehicle is so constructed that the area available for the fixing of the registration plate precludes the display on the plate of a registration mark in conformity with the requirements of regulation 14 of The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001.

IE: if a smaller font is required due to insufficient area to use a full size plate.

The number plate area on both the front bumper and tailgate of a Delica are of sufficient size to accomodate a full size plate.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: