Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

125A Alternator and belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exarkun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 14:18    Post subject: 125A Alternator and belts Reply with quote

Hi there

A little while ago I replaced my alternator with a ME203546 125Amp one.  The original had failed.

I need to replace the belts on there and have not had a problem in the past.  Now when I swapped the alternator I did notice that the pully on the new 125Amp one was a little bigger.

When I came to do it this weekend the original belts were a cinch.  To be fair though they are indeed old and they had stretched considerably over time.  The new ones however were really tight and I must admit I ran out of time.

Has anyone else with the 125Amp alternator had this problem?  Should I explore getting a slightly larger belt?  or is there some other trick to getting these on?

I've done my fair share of belts in my time but these I found a challenge.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 14:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I totally disassembled the adjuster on mine?  Was a while back now but don't remember it being a tricky job. I have original size belts fitted also.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have the 125Amp unit.

I rotated the alternator in as close to the block as possible prior to fitting the belt, then moved it out and refitted the adjuster.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
exarkun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to give taking the adjuster a go.  I'll give it a shot at the weekend thanks.
Spinoli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on remove the adjuster, fit belts, refit adjuster.
motorang

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swapped the L300 alternator for a Pajero/Montero one. It was easy enough to keep the L300 pulley and put it on the other alternator. Would that work?

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: