4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

iPad install info required.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
park_monkey2000
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:41    Post subject: iPad install info required. Reply with quote

Hello all.
I've never really messed around with ice before apart from changing head units and putting the obligatory 6x9's in the parcel shelf of my Astra when I was 18. I'd like to fit my iPad in the Deli but I'm a bit unsure if I can do what I'd like to do. I will be running it through a decent head unit but would like to incorporate a PlayStation and a large screen in the back. I will also be upgrading all the speakers so I assume will need an amp. So is it possible to do the following and if so can you give me a few pointers on how I'd go about it.
-I'd like to fit the PlayStation in the back and use it for DVDs and games, linked to a large screen mounted behind the driver seat. Is it best to buy a 12v tv or can I use a 240v with a transformer?
-can I play movies etc on the iPad through the tv in the back?
-I'd like all the audio to play through the car speakers so can I buy a switching unit that would allow me to split the speakers into banks so I could, for example, have the radio on in the front and a film in the back?

I have had a read up on it and will be doing a lot more reading. I'm going to install a leisure battery and run most of it off that as I want to install a fridge/cool box too for camping. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot depends on the screen size you want. I use a projector but this will only run from an invertor or 240v. I've tried different adapters but still no good. A decent size TV could use A lot of power run through an invertor unless you go for a dual powered 12- 240 avtex type but a good size one is pricey.

Also a TV takes up a lot of room and a pull down screen can be left in place.

I'm looking at putting a couple of spdt switches in so my rear speakers will select between the stereo and the projector.  Currently the rears are only connected to the projector audio output which gets its audio from a brix pc, through hdmi. These brix pcs are great as they run directly from a 12 volt battery and are so small you can take them in and out quickly so you don't have to leave them in the truck.

No clue about ipads though. Sorry.
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I think I meant dpdt switches to connect two sources to one speaker. !  I look forward to be reprimanded. Embarassed
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:05    Post subject: Re: iPad install info required. Reply with quote

park_monkey2000 wrote:
can I play movies etc on the iPad through the tv in the back?

You can get an inexpensive HDMI adapter that will allow a cable to go between the iPad and the TV. Once you switch the TV to HDMI input the screen will mirror everything shown on the iPad.

These are what I use to connect to my TV:-

12v 2.1 Amp double output Adapter, three metre iPad cable and the HDMI cable adapter. This also allows me to charge the iPad whilst it is showing the video and leave a spare USB socket to power/charge something else.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can use a Chromecast plugged into the monitor/tv hdmi port and wireless beam the screen, or straight from the App if supported. Works wonders at home but you must have a local wifi network for it to operate.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: