4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Lake district

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Caravan & Camping events, sites and useful links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveyw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Lake district Reply with quote

Hi we want to try a weekends camping in the lakes with the dog. We have a drive away awning and wanted to pitch that and sleep in the bus which hasn't been converted or anything but we have loads of camping gear. I've been having a look online but all or most of the sites I've come across sound as though they won't allow either the awning or the bus for different reasons. Does anyone know of a decent campsite around the lakess that both dog and Delica friendly? Doesn't matter where we just want to get away for a couple of nights. I don't understand why they wouldn't be Delica friendly but sounds like quite a few sites don't want you unless it's a real camper, has anyone else had this trouble? Thanks in advance for any tips.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've used the Great Langdale campsite and had another two Delis there with us.
Andyman should be along soon as he was with us and he is based locally.
Big advantage is the Old Dungeon Ghyll pub is within walking distance for food and drink.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
daveyw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a quick peek at their website. Is the site just for tents or will they let me park the bus onsite and pitch the awning connected to it? Looks nice there, thanks for the tip. Any more advice is much appreciated
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daveyw, the Langdale NT site I believe requires you to park vehicles on hard standing, which I guess is just about possible if you park your Deli right at the edge of it and the grass. The only other camp site I have used is Coniston Hall which is large and fairly informal/bohemian and can be quite noisy - find your own space, but I think dogs are tolerated if kept under control/well behaved. It is actually nicely positioned on the shores of Coniston, about half a mile south of the town, worth a look. Ring first to check if you can book, they may just say turn up and take your luck. You can park outside the barrier, wander round to see if you like the place or can find a suitable gap (no formal pitches) before paying and getting your swipe card barrier pass. There is also a well serviced site at Braithwaite, just off the A66 near Keswick which I looked at as a suitable venue for a Lakeland Delica meet.
daveyw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks andyman that gives me a few things to go at, I'll get on the phone tomorrow and see what they say. Its our first time out camping in the Deli and was beginning to get a bit worried that we wouldn't get in anywhere cause most are saying it isn't a proper camper. I happy to stop
Anywhere but the other half wants a proper campsite, for the first time at least. Thanks again for the info.
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll back up Andy on the Coniston Hall site  Smile

Thanks to him I spent a night there, with him and another Delica owner (was it last year  Question ----- Andy  Question  )

What Andy did not state, there is a Fish N Chip shop just outside the site, very easy walking distance, good grub too  Smile

Andy sez "and can be quite noisy" but the site is quite large, I think it should be possible to find a quiet spot.

Deker
daveyw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's settled it then, coniston it is. Good chippys are getting harder to find so how could I refuse. Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.
daveyw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on Coniston hall. Had a great time up there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Caravan & Camping events, sites and useful links All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: