Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Alloy wheels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delybelly

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 22:37    Post subject: Alloy wheels? Reply with quote

Hi all, Can any one tell me the best place to get some alloy wheels for my L300. What fits to these motors is it Pajero/ Shogun? Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 22:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Delybelly welcome to the club :D

If you take a look here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=275 this has been asked a few times and theres some good answers etc in that thread,hopefully that should give you some idea of whats what,hope that helps all the best

Marc 8)

Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajero & Shogun rims will fit in regards to the stud pattern etc... (as will Nissan, Toyota & Isuzu 4x4) but it's the Delica's narrow body that plays havoc with fitting the wide offset wheels found on most of these vehicles!!

For a straight fit, you'll need to fit something like the alloys fitted to the earlier Shoguns. Tyres are limited to 30-9.5x15 or 235/75/15 if you don't want to start messing with trimming inner arches or removing the front steps (or raising the suspension 4 inches!!)

31-10.5x15 or 265/70/15 will go with some wheelarch work, but need the torsion bars cranking up and will probably stick out beyond the bodywork (depending on the offset!)

I've got 3 sets of spare wheels in the garage, all from Pajero's, all amazing looking, all too big to go on until I get some wider arches and lift the suspension Sad

The best place to buy (that I've found) is good ol' E- Bay!! Keep an eye on a few auctions for a bit, and you see the sort of price they go for. Make sure you get ones with as good tyres as you can, this will save you a LOT of money in the long run - and ALWAYS check the postage costs (some won't post, and might be a 250 mile drive away!!)

Other than that, ring around import dealers in your area and see if they have any spare sets kicking around (you'll be quite amazed at what they do have spare!!)

Hope this is of some help?

Regards,

Bruce.

delybelly

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I will be able to source some wheels with this info. Cheers :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: