Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

would you buy a Deli from this man - Malarose2407, etc, etc

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waggas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, new here as searching for a Delica and been doing a lot of research.  The prices vary greatly for what look to be similar vehicles when looking at Ebay and Autotrader (from what I can see anyway)

this fella supplies these vehicles with MOT's - are these not worth the paper they are written on then ??

If anyone has an Exceed model in the 2k range, I am a looking :-)

Cheers

Wayne
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 16:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

noirenex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ward of warning Waggas, I bought mine with 12 months MOT, it does not guarantee safety or that it's in good nick mind. Stevie Wonder did the MOT on mine I think. Holes in chassis, cracked windscreen, rear springs, front shocks, drop links all failed Smile

Best bet is to do some research on here on what the common problems are with these, and go into a viewing well informed Smile, where abouts in blighty are you?

Starter motor failure! - 2013-07-20
Waggas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I did email him last night actually before reading joining the forum and he didn't seem to want to do a deal, so maybe a good thing.

I am mechanically minded but every beast has its own personality, thus I want to get a Deli I can at least get used to and work on at my leisure rather being forced to if that makes sense. Plus if I bought a dud, I would never here the end of it from the Mrs.

I am based in Redhill, Surrey but willing to travel for the right motor, missed out on one in Aberdeen recently which would have meant a flight and a proper road trip back, and also one in Horsham less than 10 miles away as well. They seem to come up regularly in ebay and autotrader which hopefully is a good thing.

I'm in email contact with a private seller who didn't sell his on ebay, its in North London, but again no MOT and he won't budge on that it seems.

the search continues !!! :-)

Cheers

Wayne
Damian1982

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I keep an eye on Delicas forsale in my area..One did come up white series 2 with all toys for £2000.. spoke to the owner & he had a local guy already viewing to buy (or so he thought, & why was he taking so long to arrive..)  Anyhow long story short was m**imports simply delicas?    

Car is now forsale on ebay for £6500!   now obviously I understand that he has to make a living but what a rip off!  So anybody looking to buy it remember he only paid 2k!
doctorsyn

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware, I think it's Dean selling a long wheelbase on eBay.
illapulito

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought parts from him, Dean. - firstly by postal delivery (received in good order) and secondly in situ (where he fitted bits and also fixed a newly discovered power steering leak); so I have no complaints.

(My 1994 LWB I bought from a private seller, off ebay, for a reasonable price (£1300) and yes has needed a few things fixing since - which in the overview was expected)

However, as for any Delica being considered "over-priced", well it is a marketplace,

anyone buying mine (not for sale) would get a bargain vis a vis the cost of purchase, repairs and upgrades (carpets, LEDs, tigweld header tank) - so it works both ways

For a more expensive Delica there'd be some elements I'd want to verify - e.g. fuel pump seal,
but in the general
(I am no techie) why would you not get someone knowledgeable to look over any car you're interested in ?
WestyorksNeil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fellas, I'm new to this site and delicas. I am a bit worried after reading some of the stuff on this thread. I've just put a £200 deposit down on a Deli from Dean!! The car looked okay but had a knocking noise coming from the N/S/F. Dean said he would get it sorted as he thought it was a suspension bush and i could pick it up on Monday. He has since been in touch with me to inform me he needeed a few more days as it wasn't the suspension that was at fault it was the diff. He said he will replace the diff but also needs a new part that hes had to order. He seems like he's being honest enough and i don't mind waiting for the car as long as its right when i get it. After reading the posts on here tho I'm wondering if I've been to trusting and if i should walk away before i give him the rest of the money.
StewartG
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was you I'd get my deposit back and walk away!
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would I, if he can't complete the contract in the timescale you expected, you are entitled to ask for your money back. As I said elsewhere, for the prices he asks, you wouldn't expect a vehicle that needs anything more than standard service parts fitted before sale, not major mechanical components.
albideli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

its no worse than some of the other bags of s h i t e that are being offered for sale recently on the forums...my fave is when people say it got hot for some reason and its never done it before...after someone buys it and its costs them £700 to put right, check what you're buying and ask them to correct it, if they do fair enough but i bet a private seller wouldn't.
WestyorksNeil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the 1996 green super exceed on auto trader at min. I first rang him about a black one he had for sale but it had gone. He said he had two more but not ready to be sold yet. We went to have a look at them anyway so i could see what it was like before he started to tart it up. He suggested we went for a test drive and he told me exhaust was blowing a bit, he said he would swap it for a good one off one of his breaker Deli`s. I would of obviously preferred a new one but at least he was honest and up front about it. As for the knocking he said he swapped lots of bits on the suspension but it was still knocking. He said it did it worse when he put it into 4 wheel drive and it also struggled to come out of 4 wheel drive. He said it was to do with a broken tooth in the diff, he is swapping the diff and also has to order in a part to make it right. He seems to be doing everything to make the car right before he sells it which i Can't fault and i don`t mind waiting as long as the car is right when it comes. I know its and old car and don`t expect it to be perfect but for £2995 i want it to be safe and in working order. He is also given me a good price to trade in my old car. So far so good, will keep ya posted about how it all turns out Smile
jaf1968
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the advert on autotrader. It says he underseals every Deli he sells.
Be REALLY careful - a recent underseal can hide many problems.
It's a lot of money too - can you throw in an AA inspection or some such.

I really do hope it all works out well for you and your Deli, just don't like seeing people conned...

As you're in West Yorks, I'm happy to show you the usual rusty bits and other issues that can crop up on our Deli if you fancy a trip into Leeds one evening.
Could pre-arm you for a final look around your new one before you hand more cash over.

J
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would  prefer to buy a bag of pooh at the right price for a bag of pooh, then spend money putting it right, knowing I would end up with a properly sorted  car for my £3k. One of the Liverpool guys was selling his Deli with  an honest list of faults, with some MoT, ftor £600 recently. For £1,500 more, you would have an A1 motor.
Tugga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wise man would walk away,,, very quickly,,,  
Those cars do look good.........on the outside but anything could be lurking underneath,,,, amazing what a bit of polish can hide.

I bought mine from him before joining the forum and not doing any research first,,,, Luckily didn't turn out too bad

But it's the same write up on his sales "refurbished to high standard",,,,,"serviced",,,,,"under sealed"  and other b******t

Refurbished.......... Noooooo!!! i just about managed to get a set missing headrests .....the wrong type

under sealed.........Yes,,, sort of,,,,,,,,,, splattered here and there all over things it shouldn't  be like exhaust and ball joints and whatever else was in the way

Serviced...............Nooooooo!!!  A few week after buying i happened to check my oil level,,, it didn't even show on dipstick and swallowed up 5 litres before being at normal level,,,, power steering fluid was almost empty

Also i noticed on his website my Deli was still being advertised for sale five or six weeks after I bought it. This is also true of another new member on here, his long wheelbase L400 was still  "for sale" several weeks after he bought his.

I consider myself lucky that i have  no major problems with mine........so far!!!    Personally from what i know now I would walk away and look elsewhere,,,,,, you'll probably pay less and get a better motor. He's had  several company names and now trading under  "Trust Cars Northwest"

A wise man would walk away !!!!!

Paul
StewartG
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Paul.

I wouldn't take one for nothing as you would have to spend about £3k putting it right!
WestyorksNeil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the advice. He rang this afternoon to say car was ready. I went and had a good look round and checked that it did actually have some new bits on it, he did end up putting a new exhaust on it too. All seemed well so paid him and set off home. As soon as we hit the motorway the temp gauge went from just below half to just below the top in about 3 mile!! I pulled off the motorway and rang dean, we swapped cars again and i have left him to fix it once again. Will ring him tomorrow to ask him how long its going to be. If he takes to long or car has any other fault i will be getting my money back for sure. Wish i had joined this site a few days earlier!!
NICO
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all

I'm new to this forum, but would like everyone to know my experience of this Dean Rosenthal.
I travelled from Scotland to buy a Delica off him - the usual rubbish on his advert - as on all of them, all the same spec, "this one's a beauty even by our standards", "in as close to original condition as possible", allsorts done to it before full valet AND 12 MONTHS MOT!!. "A question we get asked a lot is "how do they tow?" - we recently pulled a Delica on a 3.5 ton trailer back from Cornwall, that's quite a hilly trip" "premium sound system with multi speakers as standard", "passenger and drivers chrome side steps", "central locking and 2 position suspension comfort control" "the car is presented in a condition I would want to buy one" - long story short, I put it in for an MOT as soon as I got it home, (on Rosenthal's recommendation, after I'd told him the problems I'd had on the drive back to scotland) On the drive to Scotland things started packing in - dashboard lights, sunroof leaked, no oil in engine, overheating, coolant spraying all over battery - suspension dropped on drivers side. The MOT failed on 20 different things and 8 advisories!! Mostly corrosion on the sub-frame and chassis , there are HUGE holes underneath, and the suspension could have killed me if I'd gone over a pothole as the corrosion would have given way. Tried phoning him, kept getting an answering machine that you can't leave a message on. Went to CAB and trading standards, and did everything by the book - sent him a letter via special delivery with a copy of the MOT- he signed for it yet I heard nothing at all. Sent e-mails via EBAY, which were ignored, and only when I mentioned my Royal Marines reunion coach stopping at his house to pick up my refund with the police did he reply, very sarcastically, that if I brought the vehicle back, he would refund my money. It has no MOT!! it is dangerous and a death trap, yet he expects me to drive it back to him??? Been in touch with trading standards again  - totally up to him to recover it at his own expense, and VOSA are sending out an inspection engineer to condemn it. It's in quarantine at the minute. When I e-mailed him, all I got was a reply saying "whatever. Bring it back you'll get paid" I can see this going the whole hog with small claims etc. if he refuses to pick it up, but they're charging him storage charges on a daily rate until he collects it, so it's in his best interests to pick up ASAP. The police and Trading standards, CAB and Wigan Council are all on my side, so hopefully I'll get a result. So in reply to the question .. would I %$£K  buy a van off this man. If they tow as well as he said in his advert, he can jump into one he's trying to sell with his 3.5 tonne trailer and come and pick his expensive rubbish up from the VOSA inspector and police. Also got a barrister looking into it from my sister's practice who's keeping me right on the law side of things. Please don't buy off this man!! Mad
StewartG
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you got ripped by this tosser......pity you never caught sight of the info on this site first about him. He's a complete waste of space!  Crying or Very sad
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup let's hope you get it resolved.
Bazza Sad

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
albideli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good at all, but did you not give it a good check over before handing any money over, the rust should have been obvious, anyone buying a car of this age should be wary and go over it with a knowledgeable person if unsure yourself, yes he shouldn't sell shit, but you gotta check what you're buying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: