4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 front lower suspension ball joints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archie64

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 16:52    Post subject: L400 front lower suspension ball joints Reply with quote

Just had to replace one of mine -  £15 from ASC group - you can find them on E bay no problem and their telephone number is 02891871199 - be very specific which side you ask for as they sent me the wrong side which meant I had to drill out the lower suspension arm to accomodate the bleed nipple on it. They would have replaced it for the correct one but I was in a bit of a rush.

Ray
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 16:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a bleed nipple on your ball joint then they have sent you a Pajero ball joint, which is not a good reccomendation for a supplier.  Wink

Or are you confusing the steering lock adjuster for a bleed nipple.  Question

See this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17224

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
albideli

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope its not a bleed nipple  Laughing
Archie64

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Abideli, why are you hoping its not a bleed nipple? , I have drilled a hole in the wishbone to allow access to it and there does not seem to be any clearance problems, there did not appear to be any other kind of adjusting nut on the other side - just a nub that stuck out and fitted through the existing hole in the wishboen - do you think there might be a problem? (hate to have to redo it all but will if it is going to be unsafe  Sad  
Cheers
Ray
albideli

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with either, just taking the Mick as I think lewis meant to say grease nipple :-D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed  busted.  Laughing

The ones with the 'Grease nipple' are not designed for use on the Delica.  
See this old post! With photo's, for more info:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17224

That 'nub' on the balljoint is the steering lock limit adjuster, which prevents the tyres rubbing on the anti rollbar.
See this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42343

HTH  :D

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Archie64

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis, I had already read all of that posting before embarking on any work (always do, best advice here) but thanks for the help, however after reading the postings (and again just) I am still confused as to whether the ball joints I fitted are okay or not! - on the one hand I see postings that say the ones I have got are okay and just modify the wishbones with an access hole and other postings imply that although they are Pajero fitting and will fit, they should not be used and that they will fail!
All I can say is that I have fitted it and will be driving with my fingers crossed for the foreseeable. I don't offroad (although you never know......) and only do about 3-4k a year in my Deli so it isn't driven hard by any standards.

Cheers
Ray
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on my second set of cheapie ball joints in four years i off road and bash hell out of them but they just wear prematurely i never hear of a catastrophic failure as such and i replace the grease nipple with a grub screw so no hole to drill but no chance to lubricate after fitting luckily i consider ball joints to be a throwaway item though i may get some Mitsi oem's for the bottom next time and see if they survive.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: