Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

EGR blanking kit - naff instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattue

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 17:24    Post subject: EGR blanking kit - naff instructions Reply with quote

Hi guys, have got this blanking kit ready to fit and thought about trying to fit it tomorrow morning. Only trouble is there aren't really any instructions with it - just pictures with arrows. I seem to have two plates and one thin gasket type layer, also small piece of rubber tube with metal rod and ball inside it with various washers and nuts.

Not wholly sure where they are all going - any advice would be much appreciated or links to photo guide or video even better!

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 17:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy, the metal type gasket goes on the exhaust side.

BUT = Be careful when attempting to undo the nuts on the exhaust part, they may be siezed,
if you shear off the studs you'll have a big problem.

If the nuts seem to be too tight, don't force them, leave that bit until you find someone with Oxy/gas torch to give the nuts some heat.

What you can do is - fit the top blanking plate for the moment, using the original fasteners.
AND DO NOT over-tighten the bolts, very easy to strip the threads  Sad

HTH

Deker
albideli

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not too useful is it, theres definately better out there, i guess they expect you to know where everything is/fits.
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've bought the thin plate blanker, which basically goes in between the existing EGR components, so you undo the metal pipe, put the gasket and metal work in and do it back up.

The pipe replaces the pipe that feeds the EGR, but replace the far end, not the EGR end.
Diver

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yojimbo wrote:
You've bought the thin plate blanker

Are you sure? Looks like the thick one which enables you to completely remove the EGR valve to me   :?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the instruction sheet supplied by another seller, which includes a slightly modified photo of mine, pinched from this post  Sad
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13056

Maybe time to instigate copyright royalties, I know who you are Mr M. R, of Swadlicote, Derby Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diver wrote:
Yojimbo wrote:
You've bought the thin plate blanker

Are you sure? Looks like the thick one which enables you to completely remove the EGR valve to me   :?

Could be actualy, when i first looked at the pic the plates looked thin, but the shadows in the bolt holes do look like it could be 1/4" thick, in which case ignore my bad advice above!
mattue

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:40    Post subject: hey folks Reply with quote

Hi all , Thanks for the help so far but just to try and clarify , the two metal plates (one on left of paper, one on right of paper) are same thickness , about 3mm thick metal. The one on right also has a flexible piece with it the same shape.

Is this kit designed to be used to remove egr completely as that scares me a bit to be honest. I thought I'd be undoing couple of bolts, slippping in blanking plate and tightening up. That kind of job i'm comfortable with. I wasn't expecting two metal plates though?

Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're better off removing it completely, it saves space, and the thin plates that people put in between tend to rust through from hot exhaust gasses.  This is not hard to do, I would use exhaust paste on the exhaust one, and hylomar style gasket sealant on the inlet, job done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: