4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

New engine - do I inform DVLA & insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Et1310

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 17:11    Post subject: New engine - do I inform DVLA & insurance Reply with quote

I've just had an engine transplant do I need to tell the DVLA and insurance company. the engine block is all new.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 17:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a word no. It's not a modification unless it's a different size engine?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you had to advise DVLA of the new engine srtial number. I remember having to do that years ago when my Ford Mexico blew the conrods through the casing..

I've just checked my V5 to see if the serial number is listed on there for mine, but it just has 4M40, which is the engine type.

Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Bat Futtocks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVLA yes, as Lewis says they should have the engine number on the V5, however being imported long before anyone really cared it may not have.

Insurance, as long as it's the same engine spec, then no as the vehicle has not been modified - it's the same as fitting a new oil filter or tyres...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: