4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

bang !!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 23:53    Post subject: bang !!!!!! Reply with quote

being a poverty stricken Delica owner... the only tinternet i can afford is thru a vodafone dongle, so i top this up by £15.00, which browsing this forum, ebay and some govt. websites usually lasts 10 week ish...... but now i have discovered internet tv, so i watched a half hour "video" and it cost me 10p off my dongle, then i watched OMD Stanlow live at the drury lane so and thingy....... 6mins 29ishs secs on you tube, on a thumbnail of a screen and it cost me 70p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF????????? i could of gone to the concert for that back in 81, and buy the album for that in a car boot!!!!!!!! can anyone explain WTF's that about... please
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 23:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Munfred
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you watch the video in hd?
My tablet always plays them in hd and i Can't seem to change it, so my data usage is stupid.
I watch the same on my phone and it uses a fraction of the ammount, and normal vids through laptop don't use much either
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm no expert but, I guess it's to help them make money off you  Rolling Eyes :-

Vodaphone allow you 2GB usage per month for £15, so I guess it's charged at £0.075p per Mb ?? They then charge you another £15 per 1GB extra after that, which is £0.150p per Mb.  Shocked (on a rolling 30 day contract).

See:- http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/mobile-internet/on-your-pc-or-mac/internet-dongles/index.htm

If that pricing is right then note that:-

3G allow you 15GB for £16, which will be £0.010p per Mb.  :D (on a fixed 24 month contract).

See:- http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/mobilebroadband/3g-dongles

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
steve b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Munfred, i did'nt watch it on hd, but it did get me thinking, and thanks Lewis, so basically a 24month contract would be cheaper than a 30 day rolling contract, mmmmm, i think a trip to the vodafone shop is in order,  :?  cheers
Munfred
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vodafone are quite poor for data.
My mobile is supposed to have unlimited data. But i get charged if i use more than 500mb..........doesn't really sound unlimited to me.
When i bought my samsung i was considering getting it with 3g but this would have cost me £100 more to buy then i would need to pay for data or get a contract. Looking around thouugh on phones and usb dongles 3 and t mobile seemed to have the best offers.
My friend managed to get a great offer from tmobile which they only did for a few weeks, but he pays £20 a year for unlimited data. Jammy git.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: