Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

keeping revs high

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dustylegs11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 21:27    Post subject: keeping revs high Reply with quote

my Deli has just started keeping hold of her revs, she normally changes at a comfortable time and speed, but the last few days she has kept the revs high for longer............ :? .........any ideas, i think that she is due a service soon, could that be the problem?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 21:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to say the obvious but have you been using the Air-Con?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, not after a trip to Wales when i first got her and it used quarter of a tank on top of what it should have. better on the way back when it was off, and now stays off Shocked
Rob Barker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

What position is your gearbox mode switch in?
Boozy nights

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be time to change the gearbox oil?
dustylegs11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we talking over drive switch Rob? if so, its pushed in, when i let it out the revs go higher, so i know that that is not the problem.

Gearbox oil? could that cause the problem? if so, i can try replacing it.

i do know that i have had a bit of smoke out the pipe, but only when i give it a bit of welly, so not all the time.

thanks guys :D
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

dustylegs11 wrote:
are we talking over drive switch Rob? if so, its pushed in, when i let it out the revs go higher, so i know that that is not the problem.

The switch Rob would be talking about is the AT switch on the dash, just left of the steering wheel.

Have you got one of those hand throttles fitted, just right of the steering wheel lower part of the dash (I think scratch ) if so is the cable sticking, I haven't got one fitted to mine so not to sure of it's where abouts Rolling Eyes
Just a thought Wink
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
dustylegs11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Beat, well i will go and have a look, but i do know that i have not moved any switches or anything :? will post back later after gone out for a run about in her and looked at the AT switch in a short while.
dustylegs11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

well....... everything looks to be okay regarding the switches, she is still holding onto the revs for longer and changing gear at about 5 to 8 mph over her normal gear change, i then have to drop speed and she holds that gear. 40 mph is a real pain, as she has always changed gear on 40 and all was well, i now have to go over to about 45 mph for her to change gear, then drop my speed :? I'm not stuck with high revs due to OD switch as she still drops a gear when i use it. She also ticks over like normal, so I'm a bit lost.....I'm not that good with engines (it's a girl thing) Embarassed but Craig my better half has no idea. Could it be the gearbox oil then?
Boozy nights

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either that or buy a 300 Laughing Laughing
Joey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

check if the kickdown linkage is sticking "Dusty" that may be the problem ?????????.

Joey
dustylegs11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark.....thanks for the tip matey, but I'm an L400 girl as you know Wink

Joey......that has been said to me b4, is that anything to do with the OD switch or the AT switch :? sorry but i have no idea what or where the kickdown linkage is. Or what to do with it Embarassed i will have a look using search, see if it on here. Thanks so much. :D
downunderleigh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dustylegs11,

Might I ask how they got dusty in that position?

Alright!! I won't ask again! Twisted Evil

Sounds to me like the A/T switch on the dash has been moved to the "power" position. This should show with a "PWR" light on the panel just below the rev counter. It would be worthwhile to try moving that switch while you monitor the lights. At least to check if the lights are working. Centre position is Normal with no light. Top pressed is the PWR position with light as above, and bottom of switch pressed is the "HOLD" position with a light at bottom of rev counter, next to the other one.

Try driving in the HOLD position, it should cause the A/T to start off in 2nd gear but it should also shift earlier. Whereas the power position causes the A/T to shift gear at a higher throttle position.

It may be possible that your TPS (throttle position sensor) has shifted and voltage to the A/T computer has varied, telling the computer to shift gear at higher revs. If this turns out to be the case, it can be adjusted by your mechanic to cause shifts to happen at lower throttle setting so that your shift at 40mph is okay again.

There is another scenario, in that, if the engine has lost power lately, it could require extra pressure on the accelerator to achieve the same speed and the TPS and computer would adjust the gear change speed accordingly.

I hope this gives you some clues as to what path to follow to sort your problem.

Cheers :D

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"
dustylegs11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh thanks so much for all that info :D I will take her out again today and try what you have said, i will post back what happens, just to let you know there has been no loss of power and still starts first time, still drives great. Thanks again Wink
dustylegs11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, it's now sorted :D went out a short while ago, still had the problem, then dropped the speed down to under 20 mph and switched the AT switch through all settings, and correct lights came on. Then set off again like normal and guess what she now changes gear spot on 40 and 60 mph, just like she used to b4 the problem started, I'm a well happy bunny :D thanks so much again for all your help Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: