2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gigantica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 20:02    Post subject: speeds Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what the top speed for a 400 2.8 is please? Would the Royal LWB expect less than this due to the extra weight?

And what is a realistic cruising speed to get the holy grail of mpg of 28 and maybe even the nirvana of 30 Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 20:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 20:16    Post subject: Re: speeds Reply with quote

gigantica wrote:
Can someone tell me what the top speed for a 400 2.8 is please? Would the Royal LWB expect less than this due to the extra weight?

I recon the top speed would be around 110mph although that's only a guess. I've had 100mph out of mine and still picking up Wink On a private road of course Shocked
Can't see being a Royal would make any difference at all.

gigantica wrote:

what is a realistic cruising speed to get the holy grail of mpg of 28 and maybe even the nirvana of 30 Shocked

45/50mph has got to be the most economical cruising speed I'ld say, because that's when it slips into overdrive.

65/70mph should return around 25/26mpg at a guess Wink

Best mpg I've ever recorded is 29mpg, normally get around 24mpg Wink
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
noddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do, Gigantica. We've got the L400 Super Exceed 2.8 etc and we've had 106 mph out of it with 7 adults in. The fuel needle fairly whistled down the display but it was GREAT FUN!! :D Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :D The best result we've had was with a tank full of Super Plus Diesel while on holiday last month. Doing 85 mph - sometimes 90 mph, which you can in Germany because they don't have so many a----y retentive types like we do - we did 620 klm /370 miles before refilling and we still had about 10 litres left; that was with 4 adults and a boot full of kit. About a ton all up Shocked . With the normal stuff around here the mileage is not so good. Crying or Very sad
We do a lot of trips up to the Bristol / Exeter area and I find that a cruising speed of 80 is the best for ours, except that I Can't because of the stupid regs we have in this nanny state so I only do 70 mph. Rolling Eyes . Precisely. Not a bit more. God forbid.......but if I could then 80 would be a good speed!!
Hope this of some help!!
gigantica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the speedo Rolling Eyes replies.

These figures are something I can only dream of. Ever since I had the Royal Ballroom I have had turbo problems and at the moment it sounds like the exhaust manifold has split it's kipper again so it's sounding like some screaming banshee.

I am going to give it one more go at getting it fixed and I will be looking at getting rid. I really don't want to but at the moment it is like throwing money into a black hole.

I can't seem to get above 60/70mph and my fuel is about 18mpg Shocked
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigantica wrote:
I can't seem to get above 60/70mph and my fuel is about 18mpg Shocked

18mpg Shocked that's not good Shocked not that you need telling Rolling Eyes
My Deli dose around 20 mpg with a caravan on the back, and the rest of the kit that goes with it for a family of four.

Hope you get it sorted Sad
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: